Ground Beef pasta with Alfredo sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I've made chicken Alfredo before. I am wondering is there anything you can do with ground beef with pasta. I know beef is synonymous with red sauces, what happens if I break the rules and make an Alfredo Pasta with ground beef instead of chicken.

Would it taste good, or be bland? Are they any good ideas or recipes that would use Ground Beef.

Thinking of other options. We have limited income and sometimes have to depend on food pantries. I have 2 jars of alfredo sauce that have been calling out to me for a month now. Chicken breasts fillets are too expensive to get right now and even though we have leg quarters.

If there is nothing with beef, what happens if I cook leg quarters and chop them up as chicken for the alfredo? Would that taste good (My wife doesnt like dark meat so that is a last chance scenario)

Thank you.

Do you have a can of tomatoes? If it were me, I would sauté a can of tomatoes or even a scoop of paste with the beef, them add the Alfredo. Or even an onion carmelized. I just think the two (beef and Alfredo) would need a little boost. But who knows! You may discover a new favorite meal! Let us know ow it turns out ...

Use the ground beef with the Alfredo sauce. What's the worst thing that could happen? You don't like it and never make it again. It's worth trying.

I say go for it. Also if you have any onion, use that, and if there is any broccoli or canned or frozen corn, add a veggie to the sauce as well. Or not. This isn't quite tradtional, but to me it sounds good. Use what you have. I think Alfredo sauce, like stroganoff sauces are quite rich in flavor, so I tend to eat less and I am full up. So it stretches your meals out as well.

--
Stew the chicken quarters in some water with a little onion S & P and whatever herbs are on hand. Save/ freeze the stock. Shred the meat from the bones and chop up no fat, skin etc. and use in a chicken chili or bbq sauced shredded chix and wife won't recognize that it's dark meat chicken, just a good chicken flavor. Don't cook in the stock so long that it loses all its flavor to the stock, just cook until done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom