Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
Hello. I'm a newbie here, from the northwest of England on the Derbyshire/Cheshire/Lancashire borders - Eccles cakes, parkin, Bury black puddings, Lancashire hotpot, Goosnargh cakes, Manchester United Football Club, Old Trafford Cricket Club, LS Lowry, Bakewell pudding (oops, back to food again!), etc., etc.

I'm a retired, "mature" lady, horse owner, Womens' Institue member and demon cook. I've been cooking since I used to stand on a chair in the kitchen "helping" Mummy when she was baking. I always had bits of pastry to roll out and fill with jam which Mother would bake and serve for my tea. I think I learned the importance of washing hands when cooking before I learned to tell the time! In fact I learned to tell the time by being sent to the clock to see if the cakes's cooking time was up - "The big hand's on 2 and the little hand's on 6".

Oh yes, and I have a confession. I have over 300 cookery books and I've used them all at least once.......(I counted them when I moved house recently)!

How do I post an avatar? I've looked in all the obvious places but had no luck. Off to put Horse to bed now so good night.

Welcome to DC!

Top left under "Home"it says "User CP" that is your control panel for your preferences, click on it.

On the left are the catagories you can use to shpe your profile, etc. the third one down says "settings & Options", the first one under that is editing your Avatart, click there and follow the directions.

Back
Top Bottom