Anywhere in Bermuda?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahoymatey2013

Senior Cook
I'm flying over to Bermuda in July for 5 days, 6 nights.

Has anyone been there & if so, can you suggest a good place for supper?

i haven't been there in years, but the best dinner i had in bermuda was at a place called henry the 8th's.

it's about mid island, as i recall. we stayed on the southeastern bend of the island in a rental cottage.

my ex-gf and i went to henry the 8ths on a really quiet night when a comedian was supposed to perform. after dinner as he began his show, he gathered the dozen or so customers around one big table in the middle of the restaurant, sat down with us and gave us his show like he was just one of the guys. it was great.

i also (barely) remember killing off a bottle of gran marnier, and 2 cuban montecristo portofino cigars, then trying to ride home on a wobbly moped.

actually, my ex-gf drove, i just help on in a very interesting way... :cool:

I bet that was a total blast! I'll write that place down and try to see if its still around.

We also rented a cottage that has a kitchen and a grill outside. We will be staying at a place called Gobblers corner.

If I smoked cigars I would love to try a Cuban but I just can't get past that smell anymore.

Duh! I never thought about looking it up online.

I know the hubby loves sushi. I don't.

I just signed up for their emails

Last edited:
hoot, have you ever had bermuda's national drink, the dark and stormy.

it's a 50/50 mix of gosling's rum and ginger beer.

one or two will cause you to have to hold on when you lie down. :wacko:

Goslings even makes the ginger beer now. They have it in sugar free - what? I suppose if you're diabetic...:ermm: BTW, very nice drink. :yum:

I'm not too much of a spirit drinker but I do hope I can find my Canadian over there.

I was fortunate to find Gosling's Ginger Beer at the learning center in Norfolk. I tried the dark and stormy and found it to be a wonderful libation, indeed!
Thanks for the tip, BT!

Back
Top Bottom