Confessions of a condiment hater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
At 34 years of age and having visited and/or lived in over a dozen different countries, you'd think by now I'd have taught myself to like condiments. But no - I still hate mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles, relish, special sauces. I don't even like salad dressing. I never squeeze lemon on my fish. I like baked potatoes with butter only. It's almost embarassing, especially since I really do consider myself a foodie. Anybody else out there like everything PLAIN? Is there a cure for this?

My BIL is just like you, velochic. Everything must be plain.

As Chief of the Food Police, I am letting you off with a warning for this confession.

i only have a few condiment quirks. i like ketchup, but never on fries. only a little salt and vinegar occasionally, if any at all. i like baked potatoes plain, or just with a pinch of seasoned salt. i guess i like to taste the spuds.
i also hate cooked onions, but could eat raw oions on just about anything.
i don't like to toss my pasta with whatever sauce is served with it. i know you're supposed to let the pasta absorb the sauce, but i like to eat some plain, some with sauce.

IMO, condiments are to food like s*e*x is to marriage. Life would be very bland without it.

img_92700_0_a04f5d0ceb4b2fbc462e1155d013e3d9.gif

velochic said:
there a cure for this?

Maybe the answer is the reverse of what Wasabi said.

Think condiments are to s*e*x as food is to marriage.

There's a joke in there somewhere, lol.

Back
Top Bottom