So you think you can't bake....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jusnikki

Head Chef
I once said right here in this very forum that "I" yes "I" was unable to bake a cake... Now I could bake cookies and pies but my cakes would never turn out.....well, right. Well, guess what??! ..........My over is 50 degrees hotter then what my actual over temp shows... :ohmy:

I decided to invest in an over thermometer (which really didn't cost much). The very first cake I baked afterward was darn near perfect... My oven is only a year old so I take it any oven may not be showing true temp.

SOOO, if you think you are following a recipe to the top tee...and still it's toe' up from the floe' up, try buying a oven thermometer.... It may change your life!!!! ................Well your baking anyway.;)

Check your owner's manual, nikki. Some ovens can be adjusted by the owner to correct that over heating.

Check your owner's manual, nikki. Some ovens can be adjusted by the owner to correct that over heating.

Really??? I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for the owners manual..lol.

But I just adjust my oven temp now by 50 degrees. Instead of 350, I would set it at 300... and that seem to do the trick... along with the thermometer.

Nikki, you need to start a file and put all your manuals for all your home products that you receive in it. Or at least designate a drawer to put them all in. :angel:

Every stove I ever used has had a personality of its own!

I would not fix it that would be my own little secret weapon in the baking department! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Nikki, you need to start a file and put all your manuals for all your home products that you receive in it. Or at least designate a drawer to put them all in. :angel:

This is true.

I'm sure it's packed into a nearby drawer and I will run across it when I don't want it...lol.

Also, when you find a good spot (I have all of mine in a basket from BBandB that cost about $6 sitting on a shelf in the kitchen) be sure to staple or tape the receipt from the item. That way if you ever need warranty work you don't have to worry about not having proof of purchase.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom