Email forwards from friends......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you do with unwanted forwards from friends?

• block them from your email

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm curious to know what all of you do about "forwards" we all get in our email boxes from friends or acquaintances that you don't appreciate. I'm not talking about anyone here, but I seem to be on the lists of many who I only hear from with annoying forwards, from bashing Obama to inferring I don't love Jesus if I don't forward them on to others, to "you are loved and if you love me too, you'll send this back" Gahhh :mad:

I've quietly put up with it all for many years by just using my delete option, but I have one nerve left and I'm about to blow after today. How do you handle this? I know I'm not alone with this problem.

Please vote.

Last edited:
I tell them truthfully that I do not appreciate the political ones. Some are cute and have a nice sentiment, I edit them and send them back to the person with all references for sending them back or forward to your address book removed. I always make sure I edit out ALL the forwards and other e-mail addresses.

I tell them I hear enough bashing of elected officials on the news and at work, I really don't need to get it in my e-mail, too. Please do not send political e-mail, it just causes problems and hurt feelings.

Generally, I just delete them. I very rarely send anything on to someone else, even if it is a nice thought. Forwarding email has its uses, I reckon. It mainly just fills up the inbox with trivial mess. JMHO.

You may not believe this, but I rarely get emails like that. To begin with, I very rarely give out my "real" email address to anyone. But when I do I always warn people up front that if they ever spam me or give my email address to others, they will be blocked and removed from my contact list.

It may be blunt, but it works.

Last edited:
If I know they are political, I send them to spam. Then no more from that IPO. Otherwise I just delete without even opening them.

But sometimes that can backfire. A friend was always sending me her "Oh whoa is me" emails. I was just deleting them without even reading them. I knew they would be so depressing and full of all the ills that had befallen her family.

So one day I get a call. "Addie, how come you never respond to my emails?"

"I only open the ones I am expecting like my bank statement. I just get too many to open and read them all." I never got another one from her. And I have lost complete touch with her. :angel:

I hate to get those emails. Political, religious, chain letters, etc. I send them an email back expressing my feelings and ask them to stop. So far, they have so they're still my friends.

If you just delete them, you guarantee you'll keep getting them and keep getting aggravated.

Last edited:
I write back that, "Sorry, I don't do chain letters." I've never received political ones, but if I did, I'd just delete them.

Most of mine are from my dad! I read them to be polite. Most of the time they are funny ones. I never send on the chain ones (have one friend of Mom's who sends me those). I don't get a lot of them anymore. Most of my friends use facebook to contact me these days or text message me. The ones I do get I just delete. Can't block Dad and don't want to lose all contact with Mom's friend either.

Years ago when the internet was young, I got dozens of emails daily with jokes. Many were good and mad me laugh. Sadly, that has stopped and I rarely get one now. We can't have run out, can we?

You may not believe this, but I rarely get emails like that. To begin with, I very rarely give out my "real" email address to anyone. But when I do I always warn people up front that if they ever spam me or give my email address to others, they will be blocked and removed from my contact list.

It may be blunt, but it works.

Pretty much the same here.

I do have one friend who sends lots of funny emails, but they are worth seeing and she bcc's the recipient list.

I'm curious to know what all of you do about "forwards" we all get in our email boxes from friends or acquaintances that you don't appreciate. I'm not talking about anyone here, but I seem to be on the lists of many who I only hear from with annoying forwards, from bashing Obama to inferring I don't love Jesus if I don't forward them on to others, to "you are loved and if you love me too, you'll send this back" Gahhh :mad:

I've quietly put up with it all for many years by just using my delete option, but I have one nerve left and I'm about to blow after today. How do you handle this? I know I'm not alone with this problem.

Please vote.
I just delete them. Not worth the hassle of replying and I wouldn't give the originators the satisfaction of seeing it's bothered me.

It's the modern version of those chain letters which told us we would instantly drop dead if we didn't send copies to five other people. Yeah, well, I'm still here folks

If they come from the same people all the time or from people you don't know can't you put them in you blocked senders file?

For me it all depends on the sender. There are those folks who genuinely think they are sending you something of value, and they will be hurt if you tell them its an irritant. Those I just delete. Then there are those that are really unwelcome, sent by someone who thinks they are funny, witty, etc. Those I will send a note back to asking them to take me off their mailing list pretty please. If that doesn't work there is a nifty little feature on my email called Bounce. You get an email you don't want and you just hit Bounce. It sends it back to the sender with an undeliverable notice. Pretty soon, they stop sending their sh!t I mean garbage my way.

I tell them !

If you don't tell them they think it's okay.

I also tell people to NOT include me in mass emails regardless of the subject.

My sister is the worst offender for that. I had to tell her to stop or I would block her.

You would be amazed at how many places can get their teeth into your email from 1 mistake.

I would just delete them and ignore it...people know I dont like that stuff, so I really dont get any

Back
Top Bottom