Have you tried Edgemaker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of Edgemaker Pro

• Total voters
I mostly use it in the field when hunting, other then that I have better ways of sharping my knives.

Agreed. I use the Lansky system to sharpen my 'good' knives and the Edgemaker on my older set which I take on vacation. I am not opposed to using it on all my knives except I use different edge angles on different knives and the Edgemaker has a fixed angle.

I have a Chef's Choice, Edgeselect 120. It was recommended for our knives. I've used it once and have just needed a few strokes on the steel to maintain the edge. It has been about 6 months since I sharpened our knives.

Agreed. I use the Lansky system to sharpen my 'good' knives and the Edgemaker on my older set which I take on vacation. I am not opposed to using it on all my knives except I use different edge angles on different knives and the Edgemaker has a fixed angle.
Do you happen to know what that fixed angle is?

Each side. The smaller the angle, the narrower the edge is. Sharper but not as long lasting as a wider angle.

Each side. The smaller the angle, the narrower the edge is. Sharper but not as long lasting as a wider angle.
Thanks Andy. I found out that that is called an "edge angle" as opposed to an "included angle". I just emailed them and asked about it.

I think it's a great little device. For serious sharpening I use water stones but the Edgemaker Pro is great for touchups. And I've used them to bring very dull knives up to the point where they'll shave. Highly recommended for people that want sharp knives but don't want to fuss with complicated sharpening gear.

I have one and I use it all the time with my Sanelli knives, they came with it. I love it, it sharpen my knives, Serrated edges and my scissors. Anything that sharpens my scissors is a welcome guest in my home!

I have one and I use it all the time with my Sanelli knives, they came with it. I love it, it sharpen my knives, Serrated edges and my scissors. Anything that sharpens my scissors is a welcome guest in my home!
I was going to ask where you got them, since you are in Canada too. All the ones I've seen online are soooo much more expensive in Canada. :ermm::(

Mine is a manual one, not the electric one. I have been assured that both are excellent. Mine was $14.95 at Stokes. It fits against the counter and is rather like a comb... I know that Edgemaker designed an electric one, I haven't seen one, really not interested anyway, as mine is really efficient and easy to use. By the way it doesn't scratch you little knives either, which the cheaper Henkel does.

Mine is a manual one, not the electric one. I have been assured that both are excellent. Mine was $14.95 at Stokes. It fits against the counter and is rather like a comb... I know that Edgemaker designed an electric one, I haven't seen one, really not interested anyway, as mine is really efficient and easy to use. By the way it doesn't scratch you little knives either, which the cheaper Henkel does.
Wow! Thanks. I would never have thought of looking at Stokes. I checked their website, and yes it really is an Edgemaker. I have a Stokes less than 2 km from my home. Gonna check them out.

I think you'll really like the Edgemaker Pro. For most purposes just the Yellow Handy Honer is enough. Occasionally you might need to use a coarser one but not often. It really is an innovating and effective product. Everyone I know that's tried them has liked them.

Back
Top Bottom