What's for dinner--TGIF!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
It depends on how much energy I have when I get home from dinner. We'll either do elf's Chicken Lombardi or left over jambalaya.

DH took part of the afternoon off and said he was doing some projects around the house so I'm anxious to see what condition it's in! :shock:

a staek sandwich with au jus from the dc virtual cafe :LOL:

seriously i think i'm going to quizno's. got a tatse for one of them.

My wife went out and puchased some new cookware today. She picked up a very nice electric frying pan and made fried chicken with it. Hey.....have you noticed I am not bad mouthing my wife anymore? She has been pretty civil towards me lately. We seem to get along much better because I have not been messin up "her" kitchen however I don't get to do much cooking so I get real bored.

That's a good question! I have no clue yet, as soon as hubby gets home we're going to get groceries. I hate taking him to the store with me!:evil:

I just bought 6 cans of Albacore Tuna from Costco and fresh bread so we will start with Tuna Sandwhichs, left over Cole Slaw and maybe low fat potato chips.

It's too warm to cook.I'll trade anyone some warm weather for some cool..was to be 81 to 86 degrees today. 20* warmer that usual.
Dove

I am fixing tonight what I did not fix last night. Ginger, garlic Thai tempeh seasoned with soy and fish sauce, red pepper flakes, hoisin, with snow peas, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, with rice noodles. If I have dessert, it will be half a granny smith apple dipped in Starbucks caramel sauce.

Dove said:
I just bought 6 cans of Albacore Tuna from Costco and fresh bread so we will start with Tuna Sandwhichs, left over Cole Slaw and maybe low fat potato chips.

It's too warm to cook.I'll trade anyone some warm weather for some cool..was to be 81 to 86 degrees today. 20* warmer that usual.
Dove
ooh ooh me!!!! i'll GLADLY trade you weather :LOL:

I had some left over grape tomatoes (just discovered these, quickly becoming my favourite type of tomato since I usually just have them in salads) so I decided to do something with them. Had Onion, Tomato, Basil and Balsamic Vinegar Pasta.

Fried some onion, put it aside and whacked in some garlic and the chopped grape tomatoes with some finely sliced basil and a decent amount of balsamic vinegar. Added the onions back in whacked some cooked fettucine and a fair bit more fresh basil and tossed it all about with some grated Romano cheese.

i went food shopping, and did other errands after work, so i just picked up an in-store roasted lemon pepper chicken. i NEED to get their recipe for the marinade. the lemon is sweet and strong, and nicely spiced with black pepper. the flavor is infused all the way thru. i am thinking a lemon pepper brine might do the trick.

had it with a baked tater and stringbeans and semolina bread with peppercorn evoo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom