Irish Potato Candy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Irish Potato Candy

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Using your hands if necessary, mix in the coconut. Roll into balls or potato shapes, and roll in the cinnamon. Place onto a cookie sheet and chill to set. If desired, roll potatoes in cinnamon again for darker color.

I have a similar one that doesn't use cream cheese -

"IRISH POTATO" TRUFFLES

Makes 20

1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
3T heavy cream
1tsp. vanilla
1tsp. cocoa
2T cinnamon
2T powdered sugar

Place coconut in food processor and pulse til finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, cream, vanilla, and mix well. Roll mixture into balls about 1T in size and place on parchment lined sheet to rest for about an hour.

Combine cocoa, cinnamon, and 2T powdered sugar in a small bowl. Dredge each 'potato' in mixture and shake off excess. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge.

Irish Potato Candy

1 Tablespoon Mashed potatoes
2-1/4 Cups Confectioners' sugar
1 12 oz jar peanut butter (less)
melted chocolate chips (warm)

Placed mashed potatoes in a mixer bowl. Add confectioners' sugar one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread into greased 10 x 15-inch pan. Spread peanut butter over top. Spread chocolate on top of that. Cool slightly. Roll as for a jelly roll. Cut into slices.
Do not double, makes A LOT! Very sweet.
wIMG_0064.jpg

wPicture2.jpg

It's almost May, we made some at Christmas time, there are still some left! ~Bliss

Irish Potato Candy

1 Tablespoon Mashed potatoes
2-1/4 Cups Confectioners' sugar
1 12 oz jar peanut butter (less)
melted chocolate chips (warm)

Placed mashed potatoes in a mixer bowl. Add confectioners' sugar one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread into greased 10 x 15-inch pan. Spread peanut butter over top. Spread chocolate on top of that. Cool slightly. Roll as for a jelly roll. Cut into slices.
Do not double, makes A LOT! Very sweet.
wIMG_0064.jpg

wPicture2.jpg

It's almost May, we made some at Christmas time, there are still some left! ~Bliss

Are you sure you mean only a tablespoon of mashed potato? I see your tablespoon and raise you a cup!

Last edited:
Are you sure you mean only a tablespoon of mashed potato? I see your tablespoon and raise you a cup!

Trust me, though, if you want to give it a try, you could end up with 50 lbs of candy on your hands. (which is kind of why I have so much left!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom