Dinner July 22, 2013 ~ Manic Monday Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
A little tune to jump-start your week:
Manic Monday - Lyrics - YouTube

If I can get myself over to the grocery store we'll have steamed lobster ($4.99 a pound! Steamed for you!), corn on the cob, baked potatoes. No salad. Nothing redeeming. Everything for supper will have butter. :yum: But first we'll have to put the local cardiologist on speed dial. ;)

If I'm lazy it'll be leftovers, with lobster to come later in the week.

Ooooh oooooh! Love the Bangles! Nice one CG!

Its my first day of holidays today and I THINK we are all home tonight for dinner. *gasp* I'm still trolling for ideas. Will report back shortly.

A little tune to jump-start your week:
Manic Monday - Lyrics - YouTube

If I can get myself over to the grocery store we'll have steamed lobster ($4.99 a pound! Steamed for you!), corn on the cob, baked potatoes. No salad. Nothing redeeming. Everything for supper will have butter. :yum: But first we'll have to put the local cardiologist on speed dial. ;)

If I'm lazy it'll be leftovers, with lobster to come later in the week.

You could put some nice green chives on the potatoes ;)

I'm thinking BLTs with the heirloom tomatoes I got at the farmers market Saturday, maybe with a caprese salad with my homemade fresh mozzarella.

You could put some nice green chives on the potatoes ;)

Good idea GG. I have a pot on my kitchen windowsill. I'm guessing there will be more by the time I get to the store. Decided to go with the leftovers ~ pork roast and sauerkraut for Himself (I'll fry up a potato with onion) and the Bacon-mushroom pasta for me. Big salad for him and huge salad for me. :) The lobsters get a reprieve till later in the week when I do my full shopping. Decided to not make two runs to the grocery store. Yet another "I'm lazy" day.

Today is DH's birthday, and the son and his fiancee are both off work as is the yungun still living at home. I'm thinking a nice dinner out with the whole family is in order. I'd cook but the son is allergic to the cat (who came to us after he moved out) and he'd be miserable.

Today is DH's birthday, and the son and his fiancee are both off work as is the yungun still living at home. I'm thinking a nice dinner out with the whole family is in order. I'd cook but the son is allergic to the cat (who came to us after he moved out) and he'd be miserable.

Happy Birthday to your hubby Jab :)

Ooooh oooooh! Love the Bangles! Nice one CG!

Its my first day of holidays today and I THINK we are all home tonight for dinner. *gasp* I'm still trolling for ideas. Will report back shortly.

And I love Susanna Hoffs :wub:
Good tune.

I'm going to try cooking some walleye a different way tonight, by baking it.

I put the remainder of the Bolognese sauce I made yesterday into a dish and layered sliced cooked potatoes and cheese over it, and baked it.

We ended up doing two little chickens. One rubbed with a spicy rub, the other with a lemon pepper rub. We did a wild rice blend, green salad and had a big plate of cherries, blackberries and blueberries as well. No room for dessert!

I marinated some chicken thighs in a herb and wine marinade and grilled them. Along side we had pilaf and a Caesar salad.

We had packaged Indian and leftover lamb vindaloo with brown basmati rice. Once package was a chickpea curry and the other was a vegi curry. Pretty good when you don't feel like cooking. We were going to have spinach with paneer, but the bowl broke in the microwave, so we substituted the chick pea curry.

I am in Princess Fiona's neck o' the woods this evening. We are in Billings, Montana tonight and found a wonderful little restaurant called Walker's Grill down the street from our hotel.

Mrs. K had Pan-Seared Duck Breast with a wonderful Curried Blood Orange Sauce (to die for!) and Black Sticky Rice and Green Beans.

img_1284205_0_e0cbb4d7727f73bd6ddf0c8796be7ed1.jpg

I had California Sea Bass with Fingerlings and a blend of Wilted Greens. Delicious!

img_1284205_1_6e83ee023e40e583e566b3bde1b38d39.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom