7-30-13 Tuesday's Dinner is Full of Grace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going out for dinner tonight. We got some gift cards to a local steakhouse and we're taking our lovely daughters out for dinner. I'm thinking surf and turf. Mmmmmm.

What ever happened to Kylie starting this thread when it was today at her place? It always got me thinking early. What did you have to eat Kylie? ;)
I am fixing some chicken and noodles tonight. I will have green beans too.:D

We're going out for dinner tonight. We got some gift cards to a local steakhouse and we're taking our lovely daughters out for dinner. I'm thinking surf and turf. Mmmmmm.

Sounds lovely Alix! :yum:

Christmas in July. Tourtiere with assorted roasted veggies...
Stopped at the Menonite produce stand and picked up some baby beets, and green beans. Ended up steaming them....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 164
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 137
That it is, but I've never seen it in a bottle ;)
Hey, it's a piece together meal, I'm not going to make a sauce for it :LOL:

I was just a thinkin...:rolleyes:

Herdez Brand, Green Salsa if you can find it is a good tomatilla salsa.

Last edited:
Nice looking tourtiere, Roch. Care to post a recipe?
Sure. Pretty basic, really. My mother's recipe.

The crust is right off of the Tender flake lard recipe. Tenderflake Pie Crusts Recipe - Food.com - 188827

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 med onion(fine chopped)
4 garlic cloves(minced) My mother doesn't use garlic, but I add it.
1 large potato(cubed, boiled and coarsely mashed)
1/2 cup water or beef stock
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp savory
Salt and pepper
Adjust these spices to suit your taste.

Add onions, garlic to pot. Then pork, beef and water. Start to simmer and use spoon to break up meat. Once meat begins to cook and separate, add spices and cook down med simmer for about half an hour. Taste occasionally to get the flavor just right. Stir in coarsely mashed potatoes and turn off. Let sit for about 10 minutes to cool. Add to pie shell, and cover with top using thick egg wash. Then, brush the top also. This is enough for two pies, or one really big one. The one in the photo is half of the meat.
Bake at 350 for around 50 minutes. Keep an eye on this. It always seems to bake differently.
Done....

Last edited:
I have a pork tenderloin I'll marinate in olive oil, white wine, lemon zest, minced garlic and fresh thyme....

Tenderloin never made it to the grill. It seems like every stop I made along my errand route had a glitch, not to mention every stinkin' idiot driver in the tri-state area was In Front Of Me as I was driving. Ravenous as I rounded the bend about 2 miles from home, I pulled over and called in an order for a cheesesteak calzone. Good thing too as Himself had been fighting with the new modem and was not in the mood to cook dinner right then. Looks like it will be grilled tomorrow.

I ended up taking 2 medallions of pork loin, dicing them, and stir-frying it with onion, and adding crushed pineapple, brown sugar, ginger, 5-spice, soy sauce, and white rice. I omitted the corn starch and vinegar that I usually add to such a dish. And I usually make the pork-fried-rice separate, and a sweet and sour sauce to go over it. but all mixed together, this was still yummy. Just wish I'd had some red and orange bell pepper to add. Then it would have been really great.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North.

What, NO margaritas?
fiesta.gif
It's only Tuesday AND I was eating alone. Stirling GMs a game and it was held on Tuesday this week. He brought pulled pork and stuff to make a sandwich to eat at the game. So, even though we weren't eating together, we had the same stuff for supper.

Do you have a Margarita recipe TL?

I've got mine but I'll admit it's a bit rough. I just refuse to use Margarita mix. My recipe is simple: juice of one lime, a shot of tequila and half a shot of Gran Mariner.

Do you have a Margarita recipe TL?

I've got mine but I'll admit it's a bit rough. I just refuse to use Margarita mix. My recipe is simple: juice of one lime, a shot of tequila and half a shot of Gran Mariner.

That's about it, Greg. Some places use a dash of OJ, and you could use a bit of simple syrup if you want it a little sweeter. I usually use 3 parts tequila, 1 part orange liqueur.

I haven't found a storebought mix I like yet either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom