Texas Style "Everything" Cookies Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eric,:chef:
I'm sure no one meant any harm..we do appreciate your postings and please keep them coming.

I think the reason there wasn't any flour was because of the 9 cups of oatmeal. As far as adding other ingreadents, I guess you could.
Dove

This recipe sounds so good!!

(PS - I've made flourless cookies - they're quite good!
and, I'm not a big fan of the raisin either):-p

Is the oatmeal in this recipe the old fashion, or the quick type? I've seen flourless cake recipies, and those certainly seem good, although I've never tried making one. When I was around 9 years old, my mother made some chocolate oatmeal cookies that were outstanding. They didn't have any chocolate chips in them, and I'm not sure how they were levened. I do know that she would bake them in the oven, and they would turn out to be an almost mouse-like consistancy, yet would still be chewy. Obviously, I couldn't stop eating them! This recipe seems like it would turn out similar results. Unfortunately, my mother must have lost that recipe because she hasn't made them since.

MrCoffee

I just made these cookies. They're really good! But I think I over cooked mine, I left them in for 18 minutes but mine were not as big as Erik's cookies. I'm crossing my fingers, hopefully when mine have cooled, they won't be too hard, I like chewy cookies.

I had to make some modifications, instead of chips, I used chocolate chunks (that's all I had) and I only had about 1/2 pound m&ms so figured that was enough chocolate. I also don't have an ice cream scoop, so used a 1/4 c. measuring spoon. This yielded about 36 cookies. I should have used the 1/2 cup spoon (which I did on the last batch).:) These by the way make a HUGE cookie. :mrgreen:

My KA Artisan stand mixer was a little too small to mix the chocolate in. I was able to mix all the oats (regular oats), it was tight though. For the chocolate I transfered to a big metal bowl.

Interesting, htc. Now which type of oatmeal did you use in the recipe? The old fashion, or quick cooking type?

MrCoffee

I think it's the old fashioned stuff, the one that comes in a tall Quaker paper canister. I had some bulk stuff and I think it was the old fashioned kind as well. I never buy quick cooking oats unless it's the individual serving packets. Hope that helps.

Edited by kitchenelf. This subject was dropped a long time ago and I will not allow it to be resurrected now. Sorry Cyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom