Wed. 8-21-13: Oh-oh, Guess what day it is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Just wanted to start this thread so I could post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA

Starting the thread is legit since I also know what I'm making for supper. ;) I had two meals planned for Tuesday/Wednesday. I did make the chili on Tuesday, so tonight's dinner is breakfast. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, and pan-fried potatoes. I have a few pieces of ham left from the one I baked last week, so I'll probably warm them up a bit too. Toast too, unless I get ambitious and make savory scones of some kind. :yum:

While on vacation a couple ofweeks back, Mrs K. and I had some wonderful curried carrot soup at a restaurant. Since Ihave so many carrots in the fridge, I'm going to try and make something like that for dinner.

I mute the TV the second I see that commercial come on. I hate it, mostly because of the word that stupid camel is trying to get everyone to say. I have no idea what I am going to eat tonight. Or even if I am going to eat. Last night Andy made me hungry for hash, so I opened a can and added beets and had me a good helping of flannel hash. I just may finish it up tonight. :angel:

It's HUMP Day!!!!!

After breakfast, we will start making sandwiches and salads for the day. Then we are having ham and veggie casserole for a hot dish tonight for those who want it. 4 different soups available all day. Today is veg soup, chicken noodle, hamburger soup and chili soup with beans.

Break time is over...

It's HUMP Day!!!!!

After breakfast, we will start making sandwiches and salads for the day. Then we are having ham and veggie casserole for a hot dish tonight for those who want it. 4 different soups available all day. Today is veg soup, chicken noodle, hamburger soup and chili soup with beans.

Break time is over...

Not for those who work six days a week!!!! Are you the only one cooking for all these folks? God Bless Ya! :angel:

OMG, I love that commercial. I laugh every time I see it. Today is not a true hump day for me since I'm just starting my rotation, but everyone else is pretty excited to be heading over the hump. Last week of work for Bugs before heading back to school.

I'm leaving some kind of hamburger casserole for the family tonight. I've got tomatoes and zucchini and peppers to use up so they will feature prominently. I'll post when I get it together and name it.

I absolutely LOVE that commercial !! Another good one is the Jake From State Farm ad - "she sounds hideous" I LOL every time

Tonight DH will have bbq burgers - he's cooking so not sure what else he may want to add to it but I'm sure he will enjoy it !

We're going to be out of town for a long weekend so tonight is a no cooking dinner. Pizza and beer should do the trick.

I'm one who doesn't think that is one of Geico's better commercials... but it fits the day.
I'm hungry for some chicken. Maybe I'll get a whole bird and stand it up on the grill.

I have some fresh strong & juicy garlic to go on a pizza w/ eggplant,zucchini & mushroom.
39817-albums933-picture5617.jpg
and artichoke.

Last edited:
I have some fresh strong & juicy garlic to go on a pizza w/ eggplant,zucchini & mushroom.
39817-albums933-picture5617.jpg

I've always been cautious about putting high water content veggies like eggplant and zucchini, green peppers etc on a pizza because the excess moisture can make the pizza soggy.

Do you do anything to prevent that?

I've always been cautious about putting high water content veggies like eggplant and zucchini, green peppers etc on a pizza because the excess moisture can make the pizza soggy.

Do you do anything to prevent that?

I grill the first and blot them dry.

Last edited:
Today is my son-in-law's birthday and I've been asked to do some BBQ'ing. 11 racks of St. Louis spares, and a batch of chicken hot wings and thigh fillets.
Yeah, we're expecting a bunch of people this evening....:)

I too love that commercial. The one I can't mute fast enough is the talking dog on the canned Bushs' bean commercial.

Pot luck tonight, I'm taking roasted red potatoes I bought at the farmers' market, ones I thought were red skinned potatoes. Turns out the whole bloody potato is red. Other known contributions are baked chicken, various salads, honey cornbread. An apricot tree whisperer has been invited and he is bringing an apricot dessert. He will bring info on freeze resistant apricot trees he is developing. The community may plant some. I am not interested. Of all the fruit trees I have planted throughout my life, the yield has been dismal. This area is great for fruit production and I intent to reward others' efforts.

Parts of leftover grilled tenderloin and cheesesteak sammies from lunch, and doctored up leftover salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom