Thursday, August 22nd 2013, dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having some beef schnitzels with some steamed vegetables and a cheese sauce

We are going to have baked pork chop and rice casserole with some brussel sprouts.

Leftovers! DH is still on is business trip. It will be either stroganoff or chicken. We'll see what I want to microwave when dinnertime rolls around. I may just snack too.

We are having baked pork chops with bread crumbs, eggplant stuffed with
capers, chopped fresh parsley ,garlic, evoo and mushroom well chopped, the spinach salad I just posted, dinner rolls.
kades

We are having baked pork chops with bread crumbs, eggplant stuffed with
capers, chopped fresh parsley ,garlic, evoo and mushroom well chopped, the spinach salad I just posted, dinner rolls.
kades

Kades, you too are baking your pork chops...I love the sound of your stuffed eggplant :yum:

Is most of all y’alls not hungry for dinner or are you too sated to tell us about it. I mashed cauliflower and potatoes together, with just enough butter and some grated yellow cheese to make them look and taste presentable. I couldn’t decide what to make with it. So I didn’t. There is chocolate ice cream or watermelon for later. Or both.

I've only had one meal today because of a procedure I had earlier. DH and I stopped by one of our favorite places and shared a huge plate of nachos with shredded pork. They have a great tomatillo salsa.

Whole chickens were on sale at the market yesterday so I baked one, and ate it's poor legs off. So today I have a double chicken breast bone-in. What to do, what to do? I have some Mahatma yellow (saffron) rice (mix) I made a few days ago... I bought some chicken stock at the market today, and thinking of making some Velouté or Soubise (= with onions) sauce. Might toss in some cheese and make Mornay, or White Soubise (Soubise with cream added).

One nice thing about French mother sauces, you might have to add specific ingredients to claim it's "such 'n so" sauce, but there are no rules if you don't specifically name it.

FYI Soubise sauce starts with Velouté sauce: Make a roux (butter and flour) then expand it with a stock (in this case chicken stock). I season mine with a dash of nutmeg. For Soubise you add grated onion. For White Soubise you then add some cream. (You can add cream to almost any sauce to make it... you guessed... more creamy!)

I might make a sort of Mornay/Soubise sauce, cheese and onions.

Toasted tomato sandwich...
That would have been a garden fresh heirloom tomato on homemade bread with mayo and perhaps some garden fresh jalapeno pepper rings on top? That's what I'm having for breakfast, even though I rarely eat bread, I so want a Brandywine sliced on homemade ww bread, toasted, with homemade mayo...I'll go back to my usual breakfast once tomato season is over. I've waited all summer for the tomatoes to FINALLY ripen.

We had our usual "if it's warm weather it's a salad" plus what we call "Grillburgers". Mom worked at Woolworth's and that's what they called Patty Melts. Good ol' American cheese on mine, provolone for Himself. Too full for the intended cantaloupe with ice cream dessert.

We had our usual "if it's warm weather it's a salad" plus what we call "Grillburgers". Mom worked at Woolworth's and that's what they called Patty Melts. Good ol' American cheese on mine, provolone for Himself. Too full for the intended cantaloupe with ice cream dessert.

Loving the sound of your grill burgers CG :yum:

I've only had one meal today because of a procedure I had earlier. DH and I stopped by one of our favorite places and shared a huge plate of nachos with shredded pork. They have a great tomatillo salsa.

Hope the procedure went well GG :)

That would have been a garden fresh heirloom tomato on homemade bread with mayo and perhaps some garden fresh jalapeno pepper rings on top? That's what I'm having for breakfast, even though I rarely eat bread, I so want a Brandywine sliced on homemade ww bread, toasted, with homemade mayo...I'll go back to my usual breakfast once tomato season is over. I've waited all summer for the tomatoes to FINALLY ripen.

I like the sound of that CWS :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom