Looking for a durable Hand Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terribudde

Assistant Cook
My hand mixer just died (it was an Oster) after only a year of use, so now I am looking for another one. I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the direction of a good one that will last a few years.

Extra things like timers on it aren't very important for my purposes so long as it has good power (for things like mashing potatoes and mixing cookie dough) and has a wisk attachment (though a retractable chord is always nice).

Oddly enough, these limited requirements seem very difficult to find. This is my first time here as a member, but after reading some of the threads you all seem to know what you're talking about, so this seemed like to perfect place to seek advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to DC! I have a Kitchenaid hand mixer, it's over 10 years old, and serves me just fine. I agree with Hoot, Cuisinart is a very reputable brand, can't go wrong with it either.

Welcome to DC! I have several, but my favorite is an ancient Hobart hand mixer. I don't think it is available anymore. My next favorite is a Black and Decker. It wasn't expensive and I don't use it very often. (Why do I have four hand mixers...I don't know). I tend to use my immersion blender, my food processor, or my stand mixer more often than the hand mixers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom