Eye of round beef roast, boneless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaindropfromMississippix3

Assistant Cook
Hi! Kelf, the sirloin tips were absolutely out of this world good, my husband appreciated them sooo much.

BTW : you helped me on my question recently, a new member, on sirloin tips, southern way.

Now, I need to know the BEST way to cook this boneless beef eye of round roast. I know I will put cloves of garlic to roast in it, but what ways other than baking, do I put it on the rotisserie, for a variation? What do you suggest?

Thanks

Hi raindrop - I've done London broil so many good ways and I really don't use a recipe and just wing it each time - but this looks like a GREAT recipe - and if carnivore stops by here I know he will have a suggestion also.

Marinated London Broil

hi kitchenelf,
I read the recipe (sounds awesome) before i read this post, but...
i'm confused--i've heard of using top-round, bottom-round, or flank steak (what i use) to make london broil, but never any type of roast. I'm sure the recipe you posted will be great on any type of beef, but i've just never heard of using a round eye roast for london broil :? :D

carnivore - I thinks me neglected to see the word "roast" -

raindrop - is it a flat piece of meat about 1" thick or is it like a regular roast? Roast requires long, slow cooking...

Well, Kelf, I just found a recipe for Roast Peppered Rib Eye on Nov 17, under beef..etc.... Sounds really good and marinate from the london broil will do just fine on mine...

This one says to cook at 300 , that sounds right to me...

gonna try following this basic, unless you advice otherwise.

Can't access the Recipe

Hello,

I am new to the forum.....so bare with me, however I am doing the same roast that was being talked about in this discussion, - Eye of round beef roast, boneless- so I tried clicking on the Marinated London roast and it doesn't work....

Any ideas?
Fantastic Four:chef:

Eye of round looks like a terrific piece of meat and can (and usually is) be just tough and awful when dry roasted. I really recommend braising this piece of meat. It will not be like a ribeye. And it will not be like a LOndon broil. It is just SO lean.

Gretchen said:
Eye of round looks like a terrific piece of meat and can (and usually is) be just tough and awful when dry roasted. I really recommend braising this piece of meat. It will not be like a ribeye. And it will not be like a LOndon broil. It is just SO lean.

I'd probably make it into pot roast or cut it into steaks and marinate the heck out of it then grill and cut thinly against the grain.

A really good sandwich mixture to make from eye of round or rump is to put a jar of hot 'n sweet Italian peppers in a crockpot. Put in the roast and cook for 8-10 hours. Shred the meat and serve with the juices on a crusty roll with cheese. Wrap in foil and run in oven to melt cheese.
Or any pot roast recipe=braised.

Thanks

A really good sandwich mixture to make from eye of round or rump is to put a jar of hot 'n sweet Italian peppers in a crockpot. Put in the roast and cook for 8-10 hours. Shred the meat and serve with the juices on a crusty roll with cheese. Wrap in foil and run in oven to melt cheese.
Or any pot roast recipe=braised.

I have been looking for something to do with my left over beef after I cook my sunday roast, I think this could be a tasty way to use up the meat we don't manage on the sunday.

Back
Top Bottom