Need a sauce for this chicken sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jared_mizanin

Assistant Cook
I am making a chicken sandwich with roasted red peppers, pepperjack, and avocado slices. What would make a good dressing for it? Some type of mayonnaise? Creamy pesto? Other?

Not sure what type of bread I'm putting it on...perhaps ciabatta.

Thanks!

You could make a nice vinaigrette with olive oil, lemon juice, a bit of Dijon mustard to bind it, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in a small bowl till it thickens. Or mayonnaise with lime juice and zest and a bit of sugar to balance the acid.

You could make a nice vinaigrette with olive oil, lemon juice, a bit of Dijon mustard to bind it, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in a small bowl till it thickens. Or mayonnaise with lime juice and zest and a bit of sugar to balance the acid.

I like the idea of the lime juice and zest!

I would also add a teaspoon or two of curry powder and a good shot of cayenne pepper!

I have recently gotten hooked on a friends garlic mayo and it would go good with this sandwich.
1 cup of mayo
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced
salt and pepper to taste.

That garlic mayo/ roasted garlic mayo sounds pretty good! I think I might try that! All the suggestions were excellent, however!

While I'm at it, what might be a good side? Steak fries? Macaroni salad? Other?

You guys and gals rock!

I am making a chicken sandwich with roasted red peppers, pepperjack, and avocado slices. What would make a good dressing for it? Some type of mayonnaise? Creamy pesto? Other?

Not sure what type of bread I'm putting it on...perhaps ciabatta.

Thanks!
Curried mayo?

Not sure what pepperjack is - Monterey Jack cheese with chilis? Mind you, I don't know what Monterey Jack tastes like either.

You may have eaten your sandwich already, but I would suggest a Lemon Chive Aioli.
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or green onions
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp grainy mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

I would also vote for chipotle mayo. In fact, I would probably just take powerplantop's garlic mayo recipe up above and add a chopped chiptole or two to it, along with a teaspoon of adobo sauce.

I like PPT's Garlic Aioli as well. But jsut because i gotta be different, another dressing that would compliment that sandwich is a good honey mustard sauce, using a spice brown mustard. A creamy horseradish sauce, used sparingly would go well with it too.

As for sides, I'd want something simple and refreshing to go with the sandwich, like a juicy slaw, or maybe a fruity salad.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I can't use mayo because it's usually loaded with soy oil. Spreadable cream cheese works well in lots of sandwiches for me. I like the pesto idea and the roasted garlic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom