The Official Dinner Thread for Wed, 8-28-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a small pork roast...Shrek has been wanting BBQ Pork samiches...Guess, I'll pop that in the crockpot with a busload of garlic before I head to work. Cole Slaw side.

That reminds me, I need to smoke a butt.
I heard this morning one person saying he puts pulled pork (with sauce) on his hamburgers and I need to try that. I'm not sure that will top bacon, but it sounded good.

Thawing a chicken. Going to try this recipe I came across just for fun. My daughter likes crispy skinned chicken so we will do it up with the flour, eggwash then this coating mixture..I'll try and get a few photos.
http://joblogsjobakes.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/homemade-kfc-the-secret-blend-of-herbs-spices.pdf

How come Kylie doesn't start these dinner threads any more? I liked waking up to this thread. I got a lot of good ideas for the daily din din from them being started early. Where is she? Anybody know??

Last edited:
Thinkin' about kickin' up a fire and makin' jerk chicken. Maybe some rice and peas on the side. A nice glass of bourbon whilst watchin' the fire die down afterwards.

I'm in the mood for a pizza. I bought some fresh basil yesterday and I have the rest of the fixins. I may even slice some pepperoni to top it all off.

Going to do another round of garlic roasted red potatoes, they were a big hit at last weeks potluck....probably because I coated them with butter and bacon fat.....and a splash of olive oil for healths sake

Ooooh... the official thread. :LOL:

As of right now, I am planning "poor man's" stroganoff (made with burger, not tenderloin). But we'll see. It's supposed to be another scorcher of a day with unbearable humidity. When it gets that hot and muggy, I don't usually feel much like cooking.

Ooooh... the official thread. :LOL:

As of right now, I am planning "poor man's" stroganoff (made with burger, not tenderloin). But we'll see. It's supposed to be another scorcher of a day with unbearable humidity. When it gets that hot and muggy, I don't usually feel much like cooking.

Somebody check this man's ID.
:LOL:

I went looking for the UNofficial thread, but simply couldn't find it! :LOL:

Ken and I are once again on our own for dinner. I'm going to be baking and blanching and freezing stuff all day so I might get him to take me out to dinner. If we stay in its hamburger night. Steve's dinner sounds good, we might have that too or some kind of goulash.

We haven't seen the certification that makes this the official thread. Are we supposed to take it on faith? I don't want to get into trouble.

I have some Italian turkey sausage. I'll fry that up and mix it in with some cheese tortellini and some sort of sauce (pesto or alfredo, something like that.)

I'm in a bit of a blue funk today and don't feel like feeding anyone. After all, even the cat is a self-feeder. :LOL: If I feel magnanimous I'll do something with the real chicken breasts (skin on/bones in) I have in the fridge. If not, there's rummage...

We haven't seen the certification that makes this the official thread. Are we supposed to take it on faith? I don't want to get into trouble.

There is currently a small licensing dispute with the long running breakfast and lunch threads, but *trust me*, this is the official early "to" late evening meal dinner thread :angel:

We're going to Hurley's Irish Pub to celebrate a close friend's 75th birthday. We're having pub food for supper. I'll decide what when I look at the menu.

Back
Top Bottom