This is a test to see if I can duplicate error

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been using V1.0 because I like the style and it performs better with my browser. I guess I'll give V3.0 a try.

I'm on V3 and I get the error sporadically. Try posting a recipe Hoot. Or a question in a recipe forum, that's where i get it most often.

I did a test, on version 2, in a recipe forum with tags and an attachment pic and was unable to reproduce the error.

Ok...I got that error.
It is definitely related to the thread title. As I understand VBulletin, tags are generated automatically for the title of the thread.
I tried to post a text thread in the Canning and Preserving forum. My original title was "ISO TNT Pineapple - Habanero Jam", which resulted in the exceeded maximum number of tags by 1 error.
I edited the title to read "Need TNT Pineapple - Habanero recipe" and received the same error when I tried to preview my post.
I then edited the title to read "Need Recipe" and was able to successfully preview my post. I did not submit the post.
Somehow the tag generator is generating too many tags, as I have not found a way to manually add tags, although there may be a way to do it. I will see if I can try a few more things to see what triggers this, because it doesn't do it all the time.

OK, here are a few results:
Using the title ISO TNT Pineapple - Habanero Jam = error
ISO Pineapple Habanero Jam = Error (no hyphen)
ISO Pineapple Habanero = no error
ISO Pineapple - Habanero = no error
ISO Pineapple Jam = error
ISO Habanero Jam = no error
ISO Pineapple = no error
ISO Apple Jam = no error
ISO PIne Jam = no error
ISO Habanero = no error
The above errors indicate that I have exceeded the maximum number of tags by 1
When I change the drop down box in the "Select Tags, Is this a recipe?" section to "Other" (Meaning not a recipe) I get an error indicating I have exceeded the maximum number of tags by 2, using ISO Pineapple - Habanero Jam as the title.
I wonder if there is a way the user can see the tags. I haven't discovered if there is a way.

Thanks Hoot for your diligence. I have reported your post so it brings it to the attention of the other Admins, who both know more than I do about the workings of VBulletin.

The tests above were conducted using Firefox 23.0.1
I tried the same thing with IE 10
ISO TNT Pineapple- Habanero Jam Recipe = error Exceeded Maximum by 2
ISO TNT Pineapple - Habanero Jam = error Exceeded Maximum by 1
ISO Pineapple - Habanero Jam= no error
The other variations of the title as above yielded no errors.

Thanks for doing this,Hoot. I haven't had any problems today either, using iPad app.

Back
Top Bottom