Dinner 9-9-2013 ~ Meatless Monday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Not at our house, although I'm stretching a very small amount of ham still clinging to a bone for my Hoppin' John supper. Not winter yet, so we'll start with the almost-nightly salad. We have one last chunk of apple strudel my SIL brought over a couple nights ago to split, with a bit of ice cream on top.

Have you figured out your meal yet? Do you ever do something like a "meatless Monday", even if it's a different night? Even though it doesn't count as meatless we do have fish frequently - on average about once a week.

I do meatless days often...but not today. I'm heating up some taco meat and making salad nachos for my meal. Shrek will likely just have some of the meat, cheese and sour cream, he might try some chunky salsa on top for a veg.

It's veggies all the way here. I haven't had meat since last week. Might thaw some meat for tomorrow.

That's cause you eat eggs...lots of eggs...

There were sooo many chickens up at the lake:

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 128
That's cause you eat eggs...lots of eggs...

There were sooo many chickens up at the lake:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't have any of those chickens.

I guess you could say that my groceries are free (if you don't count the labor and the time to care for the girls). I'm not looking forward to the end of garden season...

Last edited:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't have any of those chickens.

I guess you could say that my groceries are free (if you don't count the labor and the time to care for the girls). I'm not looking forward to the end of garden season...

Shrek about fell off the dock when I hollered, "CHICKENS!!!!" at the gulls.

Shrek about fell off the dock when I hollered, "CHICKENS!!!!" at the gulls.

I don't even know him personally, and yet I just love him. After all he does choose to live with you.

I once asked my husband why he puts up with all my nonsense. I was pregnant at the time and going through hormonal storms. He answered, "because you put up with mine. I had no argument. And I was looking for one. :angel:

A friend asked me yesterday what I was going to do with the girls when they stop laying. I replied that I probably would run a retirement home for hags...isn't that what old hens are called?

I don't even know him personally, and yet I just love him. After all he does choose to live with you.

I once asked my husband why he puts up with all my nonsense. I was pregnant at the time and going through hormonal storms. He answered, "because you put up with mine. I had no argument. And I was looking for one. :angel:

I can't embarrass him, he either rolls his eyes or joins in on the silliness.

I'm eating taco salad and nachos for my dinner...YUM!!!

I had a meatless breakfast. That'll have to do.

Dinner tonight will be a seasoned, grilled pork tenderloin, similarly seasoned roasted red potatoes and creamed spinach.

I'm thinking some grilled wings. Brushed with sauce and left to caramelize, then hit again with my garlic heating finishing sauce. Barn burners. I better make a beer run.

I'm making better built beef enchiladas. Sorta like my baked tacos yesterday. Same filling, only more sturdy smothered in sauce. And more cheese.

Slight change of plans... Whiskas reminded me I have some taco meat in the fridge, so I am going to make tacos and also use up the leftover Cuban salad in them. That should be interesting, tacos with a lime vinaigrette salad for the fixin's... better take one of those acid reflux pills before I eat. I'm still going to make some wings, too, but the sauce may change now.

I defrosted some ground beef to make meatloaf. But my back hurts every time I am away from my heating pad more than 2 minutes. So I ordered crispy wings and Stirling ordered a "Philly Mexicano" and onion rings.

Munched on a couple extra large Tostito chips, and we're still working on leftover pot roast. DH ate all the carrots out of it, so it's now pretty much just gravy with a chunk or so of meat.

Last edited:
Tacos and wings it was.

Attachments

• wings & tacos2.jpg
    wings & tacos2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 200
The can of Mary Kitchen's Hash is still sitting on the counter. I was planning on having it with an egg for supper. But I had a small can of potato sticks instead. Now I am not hungry any more. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom