The Bacon Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
It's an old commercial for an old product. Just love the amount of grease they pour off. The cooked bacon in the commercial is cooked to an almost burnt crisp. To chew that I would have to get out my biting off and spitting nails dentures. But my question is how do you like your bacon? Burnt to a crisp, just this side of being burnt or almost raw? I like mine just this side of being burnt. I want to be able to recognize it as being bacon. Not shoe leather. :angel:

I like it thin and crisp for a sandwich or burger.

Thick and slightly flexible for breakfast or in a pot of beans.

The one way I still need to try it is as a roast. I have seen a couple of recipes for a slab of bacon topped with brown sugar and various other things then roasted or grilled and sliced after roasting. Sounds interesting to me!

Bacon is wonderful stuff! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I like it thin and crisp for a sandwich or burger.

Thick and slightly flexible for breakfast or in a pot of beans.

The one way I still need to try it is as a roast. I have seen a couple of recipes for a slab of bacon topped with brown sugar and various other things then roasted or grilled and sliced after roasting. Sounds interesting to me!

Bacon is wonderful stuff! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I love that roasting idea. I think my deli at my grocery store has bacon by the rasher. You would have to place it on a rack though. To drain the grease as it is roasting.

I like my bacon cooked barely limp, unless I am crumbling it for something.

I have something similar to that but not as big. It makes a huge mess in the microwave. I should get rid of it. Now I make bacon in the oven. I like it crispy but not burned.

I like my bacon cooked barely limp, unless I am crumbling it for something.

+1
img_1299730_0_8d972c691b1b828e2b0d09b3eb586d45.gif

I like mine crispy and chewy. It has to be able to crumble but still have chew.

The Bel-Loc diner has the best bacon, ever.

I'm sure that's what Frank meant to say :LOL:

And around here we spell diner dinor. Don't ask me why :wacko:
I guess to differentiate between the person and the building

Now that's just plain weird. Never heard that before.

Fred's Diner - If it's not on the grill, it ain't chill.:mrgreen:

Hmmm? For me...any way except as a cinder. I don't really care as long as it's good old-fashioned thick-sliced country bacon. I can't bear the bacon that is so thin you can read the newspaper through it. In our parts, bacon is king!!!

Well I like my bacon IN MY BELLY !!!!

Mainly I prefer mine a little on the limp just before crispy side. If I am going to use it in something then it must be crispy.

Mmmmmm ... bacon ... now I need a BLT (maybe minus the L and the T LOL ) !!

Well I like my bacon IN MY BELLY !!!!

Mainly I prefer mine a little on the limp just before crispy side. If I am going to use it in something then it must be crispy.

Mmmmmm ... bacon ... now I need a BLT (maybe minus the L and the T LOL ) !!

I just finished the first true BLT I've had in a while. I hardly ever have the L & the T and here I not only had both, but THREE kinds of L :shock:

I like Aunt Bea's suggestion. Turning a rasher of bacon into a roast. That sounds heavenly. One or two slices my dear. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom