Christmas Crack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
I got curious and tried a recipe that I saw on a famous web site. Frankly what I produced does not look anything like the picture of the recipe that I pinned. Has anyone tried making this? It is a toffee made with saltine crackers. Maybe it will taste better than it looks. It's cooling now but I'm not very hopeful. Did you have good results?

Never heard of it, but Google tells me that it seems like it would be easy and most likely a popular thing to set out for the holidays. I reckon I will give it a try.

I don't think I have ever had it, sounds good!

I have seen recipes over the years for saltine toffee candy, never heard Christmas Crack before this post.

Santa's Christmas Crack, not exactly visions of sugar plums dancing in my head! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I've made it and it's absolutely wondeful! If it's done right, it should be crunchy like toffee and wonderfully buttery. Nobody should suspect that there is a saltine in there, they would assume that it's a cookie. I've also seen it made with graham crackers in place of saltines.

I make regular toffee at christmas now, and to me, that too is like crack, I have a hard time staying out of it. I brought some to my boss and she couldn't stay out of it, she said "never bring me this again!" so of course, I'll bring her some again this year...

I've made it and it's absolutely wondeful! If it's done right, it should be crunchy like toffee and wonderfully buttery. Nobody should suspect that there is a saltine in there, they would assume that it's a cookie. I've also seen it made with graham crackers in place of saltines.

I make regular toffee at christmas now, and to me, that too is like crack, I have a hard time staying out of it. I brought some to my boss and she couldn't stay out of it, she said "never bring me this again!" so of course, I'll bring her some again this year...

I have seen this recipe but have always been afraid it wouldn't turn out right. I don't know why I'm afraid. It's not like it's expensive to make! I never heard it called "Christmas Crack" but I like that name!

I have seen this recipe but have always been afraid it wouldn't turn out right. I don't know why I'm afraid. It's not like it's expensive to make! I never heard it called "Christmas Crack" but I like that name!
I assume Saltines are a sort of salty savoury cracker? I love anything toffee/caramelly. Can't wait to go and find the recipe.

Well the first time I made it, we were drinking chocolate martinis, and it still came out perfect. I did, by mistake put the saucepan back onto the stove without turning it off... Went into the kitchen to a saucepan with a column of black smoke pouring out of it! Took me a week to get the pan clean! I no longer drink while making candy...

Well the first time I made it, we were drinking chocolate martinis, and it still came out perfect. I did, by mistake put the saucepan back onto the stove without turning it off... Went into the kitchen to a saucepan with a column of black smoke pouring out of it! Took me a week to get the pan clean! I no longer drink while making candy...

LOL, that's a great story!

Thanks guys. After looking at several recipes I am guessing that the recipe I used required cooking too long. I think I will also use light brown sugar instead of dark brown in the next batch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom