Cat's 10 Questions For My DC Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
I thought that these ten questions would be fun also.

1. What is your favorite color? Pink.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? Yes.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My great-grandmother's diamond and sapphire wedding band. One day, maybe I might get married and I shall wear it. (I will be the cheap bride. I will supply my own ring to my own wedding.:LOL:)

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I like both. I wish I had had my Nook when I was growing up. It would have saved me much money from buying flashlight batteries so very much for reading under my blankets!

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Dust.:LOL: I collect some dog and cat figurines.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes! I wish to learn to fly a small airplane one day.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Two.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes. I play the piano and I am just learning the guitars.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I would make sure Adolf Hitler was never concieved by his or any of parents.

10. What television series do you like to watch? Doctor Who. I wish I had his Tardis!

Your friend,
~Cat

Interesting and fun questions, Cat. Here are my responses, all as honest as I can provide.

1. What is your favorite color?

Blue, especially cobalt.

2. Do you keep a daily journal?
No. I have tried several times over my life but never was able to maintain the discipline necessary.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? Probably my own wedding band, which my husband, Glenn, had made for me and is made of white gold, diamonds and blue sapphires.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.?

Don't care for any of the current electronic reading media. The closest I come is audio books, which allows me to do a task or pursue a favorite pastime such as knitting or embroidery. I much prefer the intimacy of holding a book and turning its pages as the writer's story unfolds.

5. What kinds of items do you collect?

Over my lifetime I've amassed quite a large collection of antique china, glassware and silverware. They're all lovely and we use them. I also collect all manner of teapots, as well as sewing-related goodies.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes?
Yes, I do but haven't in many years.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry?
Only one, which is rhinestone and is in the huge camelback trunk filled with dress-up clothes, etc. for our granddaughters.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments?

I have played drums a bit but, at this point in my life, my instrument of choice is the Bose CD machine, which allows me to enjoy all manner of music of my choosing.:LOL::rolleyes:

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be?
Not sure I would change much because of all the lessons that are learned from one event or another in history. My view is we should learn from history so as to not repeat it.

10. What television series do you like to watch?

I don't watch much TV, but I do enjoy both of the NCIS programs on CBS, along with The Good Wife and Undercover Boss.

Great questions, Cat!

1. What is your favorite color? Blue.
2. Do you keep a daily journal? Not really. I have started a couple but there always seems to be more important things to do (at the time, anyway.)
3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My guitars and banjos. I also have a gift from one of my oldest friends. It is a simple thing but it means a great deal to me. He and his wife went on vacation several years ago and went to all of the sites that hosted the original rendezvous during the Western Fur Trade Era of the U.S. They brought me back a stone from each place. It’s like my very own piece of the history of the Mountain Men.
4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I prefer regular books. I have Kindle on my desktop and laptop. I have plans to get a tablet soon.
5. What kinds of items do you collect? I do collect books. I reckon it comes from my mother who was a confirmed bibliophile.
6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? I do enjoy flying, but it has not been necessary for me to fly in many years and it is too costly to do it simply for pleasure.
7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None that I am aware of.
8. Do you play any of musical instruments? I play guitar and banjo. I never quite got the hang of the fiddle.
9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? That is a very interesting question. I believe that everything (for good or ill) happens for a reason. If I were to change something, it might mean that other things would not have occurred.
10. What television series do you like to watch? I used to watch a lot of TV. I enjoyed Star Trek, The Prisoner (from the 60’s), and M.A.S.H. I hardly watch TV at all these days, unless it is the news or a sporting event.

Thank you both very much! I am enjoying your answers so very much. It is very nice to learn of the other people from behind the monitor.

Hoot, I think I posted of learning the guitars. My fingers do not bleed any more! Isn't that exciting! Now I can play more. Did you see the photos of my guitars? I think you did see these.

Katie H, your husband must be a very wonderful man to have made you a nice wedding ring. Papa had Mamma's made also of the white gold and rubies. I shall take a photo of my great-grandmother's ring and shall do a posting of it for you.

I am very glad you both enjoyed these questions!

Your friend,
~Cat

Fun questions !!

1. What is your favorite color? Blue.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? Normally no. However, if I am tracking something or trying to accomplish something - like when I stopped smoking - I keep one going.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My wedding rings because of what they represent.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I would have to say regular simply because I don't have a Nook or Kindle.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Collecting recipes is something I've done for years. I will never make over half of the recipes I've collected but I do enjoy gathering them up.

I also collect hummingbirds, lighthouses and vintage dishes.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes but I have not flown in almost 5 years.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None but now that you mention it, I think I need one ! :LOL:

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? I play guitar and as a child I played accordion.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I would not allow certain politicians to ever be in office.

10. What television series do you like to watch? I always watch Survivor. I watch food competitions, I watch Ridiculousness. I Watch Cops and Jail. I really don't watch much with any real value. TV is a mindless etertainment escape for me.

1. What is your favorite color? Purple

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No, I'm not that interesting.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? Definitely Shrek, I wouldn't give him up for anything.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Books, books, books...they are every where.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Teapots, Tea cups, Unicorns, Recipes, Books, Pigs...yes, the house is full.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes, but it's too expensive.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? One and I got it for myself, because with a tiara and a cape I can accomplish anything.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? I play the stereo.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? Nothing, because if I changed one thing, it might mean that I never met Shrek.

10. What television series do you like to watch? The Voice, The Blacklist, NCIS, CSI, Person of Interest, Elementary...how many of these do you want? I can go on forever...:)

Thank you, MrsLMB and my favorite Ogress! I am glad you enjoyed my questions. It is so very interesting to me to learn of my friends here.

Your friend,
~Cat

Surprise, Cat! I woke up early to see these questions of yours. Interesting, indeed.

1. What is your favorite color? Red

2. Do you keep a daily journal? Yes

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My locket from my husband which has a tiny clip of Cat's baby hair in it.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Regular books.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Bird and turtle figurines and old recipe books.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Not very much.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Two. One is a diamond tiara from 1902, and the other is a diamond and emerald tiara from 1934.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes, the piano.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I don't think I would change anything. I would like to increase in people the awareness of history, if anything.

10. What television series do you like to watch? None. I only watch RT when I can.

MammaCat

You're welcome. I am going to get ready for work. Be good and kind, Cat, and we'll talk after school.

Good night, everyone.

MammaCat

1. What is your favorite color? Purple.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No. I've tried but I never keep it up.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? That's hard to say. The jewelry DH has given me over the years? My PC that holds thousands of pictures of family, friends and events? The silver I inherited from my aunt? That's a tough question :)

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I like both, too.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? I'm replacing my old cheap cookware with Le Creuset and Calphalon :wub: I collect cookbooks amd recipes and jewelry. I love pretty earrings.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes, although going through security is tedious.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None that I know of, although my niece may have some with her princess outfits. We don't have royalty in this country, so tiaras aren't common. Is it common in Romania for families to have tiaras?

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? No.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think the U.S. and the world would be much better off if Al Gore had won the 2000 election.

10. What television series do you like to watch? NCIS, Chopped, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, New Girl, The Daily Show.

1. What is your favorite color? Blue

2. Do you keep a daily journal? I try to!

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? A German bisque nodder that belonged to my Grandmother.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Real musty, worn, old books.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Dust.:LOL: I collect books, items relating to local history, anything that catches my eye really. I'm sort of a high end hoarder!

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? No! When I started flying it was very special and you were treated like it was special. Today it is more like taking a cross country bus trip.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? No tiaras, but I have been crowned a couple of times! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think that would be very dangerous. I think it is best to leave the past where it is. For example if you had not been placed in a trash can when you were born I never would have met you. You never know the impact that a simple change can make on the world.

10. What television series do you like to watch? EastEnders

1. What is your favorite color? Light Blue.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these?
A stove engraved with my daughter's birth date and date of death. It is placed in a lovely spot in my oldest daughter's flower garden.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Regular books with pages to turn and wonder what happens on the next page.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Blue Willow items.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Not anymore. My traveling days are over.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Too many to count. My G'daughter loved to enter pageants and usually won. She has them stacked in her room like you stack books. Reminds of Toddlers and Tiaras.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes. I play the piano and the organ.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? That one requires some deep thought.

10. What television series do you like to watch? Documentaries. Nature, History, Medical, etc. and maybe a few Sitcoms. :angel:

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None that I know of, although my niece may have some with her princess outfits. We don't have royalty in this country, so tiaras aren't common. Is it common in Romania for families to have tiaras?

It is for the aristocratic families such as ours. For example, the late Princess Diana had her family's Spencer tiara she wore along with the Cambridge tiara the Queen gave to her.

When I become married someday, I shall wear one of these tiaras. It is the symbol of the family with very much history with it.

Thank you for your answers!

Your friend,
~Cat

1. What is your favorite color? Blue

2. Do you keep a daily journal? I try to!

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? A German bisque nodder that belonged to my Grandmother.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Real musty, worn, old books.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Dust.:LOL: I collect books, items relating to local history, anything that catches my eye really. I'm sort of a high end hoarder!

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? No! When I started flying it was very special and you were treated like it was special. Today it is more like taking a cross country bus trip.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? No tiaras, but I have been crowned a couple of times! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think that would be very dangerous. I think it is best to leave the past where it is. For example if you had not been placed in a trash can when you were born I never would have met you. You never know the impact that a simple change can make on the world.

10. What television series do you like to watch? EastEnders

Thank you so very much! I also like EastEnders. A note of the history of the East End of London. The East End was bombed terribly during WWII. Also Windsor Castle was hit of bombs. The Queen (consort) Elizabeth and her husband, King George VI visited this devastation and vowed that England shall prevail and supported every single measure to fight Germany.

The King and Queen refused to leave London when it was advised by their people to do so. Their daughters, Elizabeth and Margaret, stayed to london also.

Your friend,
~Cat

1. What is your favorite color? Light Blue.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these?
A stove engraved with my daughter's birth date and date of death. It is placed in a lovely spot in my oldest daughter's flower garden.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Regular books with pages to turn and wonder what happens on the next page.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Blue Willow items.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Not anymore. My traveling days are over.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Too many to count. My G'daughter loved to enter pageants and usually won. She has them stacked in her room like you stack books. Reminds of Toddlers and Tiaras.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes. I play the piano and the organ.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? That one requires some deep thought.

10. What television series do you like to watch? Documentaries. Nature, History, Medical, etc. and maybe a few Sitcoms. :angel:

Thank you, Addie.

Your friend,
~Cat

1. What is your favorite color? Purple.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No. I've tried but I never keep it up.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? That's hard to say. The jewelry DH has given me over the years? My PC that holds thousands of pictures of family, friends and events? The silver I inherited from my aunt? That's a tough question :)

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I like both, too.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? I'm replacing my old cheap cookware with Le Creuset and Calphalon :wub: I collect cookbooks amd recipes and jewelry. I love pretty earrings.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes, although going through security is tedious.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think the U.S. and the world would be much better off if Al Gore had won the 2000 election.

10. What television series do you like to watch? NCIS, Chopped, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, New Girl, The Daily Show.

I like these Le Creuset and the Calphelon also! Thank you so very much!

Your friend,
~Cat

Cat, how wonderful of your Mama to join our community here. I am sure she is aware of how much we love you and treasure your contributions to this forum. Welcome Mama Cat! :angel:

Thank you so very much, Addie. She has told me of how nicely I am received here to this website. She says this is a good place to be, and she likes everyone also.

I do love all of you! I feel safe and good here. Thank you for welcoming her! Addie, you are so very special to me. Thank you for being here! You are so very kind to me.

Thank you so very much, Addie. I love you too! I am finding I truly love everyone here. Love means admiration, respect, and to care for people with my heart.

I am changing my sign out, Addie, for you and all of you who have shown me love and caring.

I have DC and DA and everything in between.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom