2013 Sunday kind of love (supper)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Sunday kind of love for shrimp tonight, maybe with Tater Tots.

I made spice-crusted salmon, with saffron and chilli potatoes, wilted spinach and a shallot sauce.

Can you describe your shallot sauce, Katy?

But of course Pac!

Finely chopped shallots, put into a pan with white wine vinegar, fish stock and a few strands of saffron. That is brought to the boil, then simmered until reduced by 2/3rds. Remove from heat and whisk in some cubes of butter. Season.

I have a lamb and orka stew simmering on the stove. A little later I'll make some rice to round out the meal.

Ack, no white wine vinegar or fish stock. Shoot.
You peaked my interest when you mentioned it and I was thinking of having it over some asparagus I have. Next time.

I have a lamb and orka stew simmering on the stove. A little later I'll make some rice to round out the meal.

You mean okra, right? Or did you misspell killer whale? :LOL:
Tell us you're not having orca stew for dinner (even though it's probably pretty good :ermm:

Ack, no white wine vinegar or fish stock. Shoot.
You peaked my interest when you mentioned it and I was thinking of having it over some asparagus I have. Next time.

Oh, I would imagine it would have gone quite well with asparagus. Let me know if you want some specific quantities. (This is also called a "beurre blanc" apparently. So there should be plenty recipes around for it in any case.)

You mean okra, right? Or did you misspell killer whale? :LOL:
Tell us you're not having orca stew for dinner (even though it's probably pretty good :ermm:

It appears I've misspelled both OKRA and ORCA!

What I'm making is lamb and okra stew.

Cowboy beans casserole and a pan of jalapeno cornbread. Makes enough to share with any whales in our vicinity. Baking in the oven took the chill off the house too.

By about the 3rd day of this, it ought to thicken up and i can make some kind of tacos. Looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom