10/11/13 - What Are You Cooking Tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH is arriving late after a four-hour drive from being out of town since Tuesday. I'm planning to make a big pot of warming minestrone soup and garlic bread. I made a gallon of chicken stock last night.

Maybe a chunky chicken, full 'o meat and veg gravy over mashed potatoes...I think I have some frozen mixed veg in the freezer.

The coffee must be finally kicking in.

DH is arriving late after a four-hour drive from being out of town since Tuesday. I'm planning to make a big pot of warming minestrone soup and garlic bread. I made a gallon of chicken stock last night.

I have that planned for tomorrow...:chef:

What is *planned* is fricasseed Cornish hens with dried porcini and Marsala. Some roasted veggies on the side and some little potatoes I picked up... I don't recall what they are called, but they are the size of a walnut.
Either that or I'll pick up a pizza.

I'm in the same boat. No idea for dinner. I'll be watching here for ideas.

The decision has been made. I'm going to my sister's for dinner. We have relatives visiting from Florida. They decided to drop by for dinner tonight so I am being summoned.

I'm thinking pork schnitzel. .

I'm making breaded pork chops. I wonder what is the difference between these and a schnitzel.

Mine, season flour, dip in egg and dry bread crumbs. Let them set a little while for the crumbs to adhere. Fry'em up. The reason I'm asking is, the pork chops are on sale at my store, but I haven't gone shopping yet. Sometimes they are a bit thinner than I may want. Is the difference an added step -- pound them thin with a mallet before the cooking part, and then they become schnitzel ? I make gravy if there's enough drippings.

Pretty sure I'm making a baked potato too and if they have good beets, I might pick up some beets at the store as it might be a bit blustery to go to the farmer's market tomorrow.

I'm making breaded pork chops. I wonder what is the difference between these and a schnitzel.

Mine, season flour, dip in egg and dry bread crumbs. Let them set a little while for the crumbs to adhere. Fry'em up. The reason I'm asking is, the pork chops are on sale at my store, but I haven't gone shopping yet. Sometimes they are a bit thinner than I may want. Is the difference an added step -- pound them thin with a mallet before the cooking part, and then they become schnitzel ? I make gravy if there's enough drippings.

Pretty sure I'm making a baked potato too and if they have good beets, I might pick up some beets at the store as it might be a bit blustery to go to the farmer's market tomorrow.
Yup, the difference is basically the added step of pounding them thin.

I think I'll go grocery shopping and see what inspires me. Pac, either of your dinner suggestions sounded like heaven to me. I'd eat pretty much anything you put on the table after seeing your food pics. YUM.

I've had a taste for fried fish so I'll head to the grocery store in the next town that fries it right there while you shop. The wait better be short - I rarely buy anything other than fried fish there.

I'll get cod and a little bit of scallops. Making a salad to go with, fresh asparagus for me :yum: and fresh Brussels sprouts for Himself. :sick: Plus homemade oven-roasted potato wedges. I bought a couple apples last week to make pie...I'm afraid that will never happen. :neutral:

This is our first below 90 F day in a very long time. The humidity is low and there is a nice easterly breeze. Grilled chicken for fajita style tortillas and Mexican rice.:yum:

I'm making ham and broccoli in a jazzed up jar of Alfredo. Jazzing up will be with cream cheese and parm melted into the Alfredo sauce.

That sounds good Zhizara! I have a couple little hams I bought on sale. Will have to do that with the leftovers from one of them. Maybe a shake-shake of cayenne pepper in the sauce too.

GG, it's just that I have a taste for pie. My crusts usually turn out so flaky. Just need to find my energy. And a good right foot...

Back
Top Bottom