Tuesday Dinner, Oct 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I think my dinner will come from a bag tonight.
I'm going to spread some cream cheese in a glass pie tin, cover it with the hot dog sauce I made Sunday, the next layer will be copious amounts of cheddar cheese and also some kind of white cheese I saw in the drawer... onions, Kalamata olives and jalapenos will round things out. Hmmm, maybe some salsa or rotel, too. I just need to pick up that bag of Tostitos.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Master Gardeners are having a potluck dinner meeting tonight; the theme is Autumn and we've been requested to bring food with apples, squash or pumpkin ingredients. I won a cookbook last year called "The Apple Lovers' Cookbook" and it has a recipe for Apple, Sausage and Cornbread Dressing, so I'm going to make that. Need to go to the store for some ingredients. DH is having his first over-50 procedure tomorrow ;) so he's having the chicken stock I made on Friday and a lot of other clear liquids.

I have absolutely no clue what to make for tonight's meal. However, today is marketing day so perhaps the grocery store gods will strike me with inspiration. Right now I'm leaning toward pork chops done "some way" and macaroni and cheese, which I've been craving the last several days. With any luck, Kroger will have some nice pork chops in their manager's clearance section. The rest of the meal will have to evolve. Dessert, for sure, will be more of the butter pecan-rum cake.

Hmmm! Guess I do have a plan after all.:rolleyes:

Red Sox playoff game starts at 4:00 so dinner will be something that requires little preparation. I think I'll do something quick with a pork tenderloin, pilaf and a veggie.

I will be broiling pork chops! I melt butter in a cup, add garlic powder and coarse black pepper, and baste them with this as they broil.

We also have corn on the cob and fresh green beans.

I spent the morning at the dept. of planning and permitting, also known as the 9th level of hell. I'm thinking pizza delivery and a large gin and tonic.

We scrounged. Stirling had two large tuna salad sandwiches and I had three pieces of Wasa crisp rye bread. One with schntzel and the other two each with a different kind of salami.

Bought a rotisserie chicken a couple days ago and every time I open the left door of the 'fridge it asks "Well???" So today I made a kind of chicken pot pie, but instead of under a crust I put the chicken mixture over biscuits. With the chicken in the cream sauce were shallots, carrots, mushrooms and baby peas. Himself declared it a winner. Broccoli and asparagus for the veggies, salad to use the stuff up.

fusilli lunghi with mussels & chorizo piccante in a white wine,cream & saffron sauce washed down with a chilled muscadet colder than a witches nipple:ermm::ohmy::yum:!!

Attachments

• FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 001.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 001.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 168
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 002.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 002.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 139
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 003.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 003.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 140
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 004.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 004.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 131
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 005.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 005.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 136
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 006.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 006.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 179
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 009.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI COL BUCO MUSSELS 009.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 191
Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Such a tasty and easy dinner, I'm not sure why I don't make it more often. Tomato is about the only soup that I buy in a can.

That looks yummy Harry. Glad to see you back. Hope your health is better, shoulder, wasn't it?
yeah,got a shiny new one....all better now thanx.old sawbones emailed me the x rays.the screw has got nothing to do with the new joint.that was whacked in about 40 years ago to stop it dislocating,so that i could keep playing rugby a bit longer

Attachments

• SHOULDER 2.jpg
    SHOULDER 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom