South End of the Turkey Flying North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
Pope's Nose, Parson's Nose-----

Any other names?

I just found a meat market that had Turkey tails for sale!
Since that's my favorite part of the turkey---- I'm eager to try roasting them.

We can get smoked turkey tails and other smoked turkey parts in our local market, great for soup and stews in place of smoked ham.

I don't have another expression for the turkey's tail. I do remember my Grandmother saying that someone was “As poor as Job’s Turkey,”!

I always liked that expression.

The only other term I can think of is "The part that went over the fence last" ;)

Popes Nose was the norm at our house.

My favorite parts are the oysters. :yum:

Zagut, that's a longer version of what my Great Aunt would call it. She would always tell us to save the "over fence" for her. No problem, since the other four of us in the house weren't going to fight her for it!

My husband is also partial to those little ovals of meat, but he has always called them the "pockets". I always set them aside for him so they don't get mixed into a casserole or soup.

Last edited:
necks,gizzards,liver & parsons...it's all good!!
i get mine from here
Pembrokeshire Produce Direct
the giblet pack has all of the above bits or you can order the necks,liver & parsons separately.the turkey wings weigh in at about 1lb each & the parsons are massive...the cleaver & cooks knife are full size to give a size comparison......moby turkey,thar' she blows!!

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 183

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom