ISO a Traditional Fruitcake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Who has a TNT fruitcake recipe they can share? Discussion on another thread got me thinking about fruitcake and it's just about time to make them for the holidays.

Share your terrific recipes here so we all can enjoy the real thing, avoiding the inferior store bought versions.

I'd start things off with my old family recipe but I don't have one. You go first.

I can't find the recipe for the one I used to make in HS, I thought it was in one of the church cookbooks. Still looking....

Thanks, PF. Is the link the recipe you have or a different one? If it's different, please do PM it.

Same recipe, got curious if it was online and it was. Sis made it with the OJ and it was so light and delicious.

My sister used to make a Light Fruitcake from the older BH&G cookbook, it was wonderful. I'll check mine and see if it's in the edition I have now.

I do have it, do you want me to PM it to you?

Dried-Fruit Fruitcake Recipe

I like the looks of that one! That may be just what I'm looking for.

I'm going to ask my mom if I can have her BH&G cookbook from the late 60's early 70's I don't think that she uses it anymore and it's the cookbook that I learned to cook from!

I like the looks of that one! That may be just what I'm looking for.

I'm going to ask my mom if I can have her BH&G cookbook from the late 60's early 70's I don't think that she uses it anymore and it's the cookbook that I learned to cook from!

That's the one I learned from, too! I got the paperback version, for space considerations, and discovered after I got rid of the first one that the recipes had changed. My paperback is a wreck.

I'm still trying to track down the Australian Light Fruitcake recipe...seems the dried fruit was boiled and then soaked in rum, before flour ever got near it.

Same recipe, got curious if it was online and it was. Sis made it with the OJ and it was so light and delicious.

Now that looks like a great fruitcake !

I love fruitcake but DH does not. I showed him this recipe and the photo and he wants me to start one today :LOL:

Thanks for posting this one PF .. looks like a winner for sure !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom