I Received Presents Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Carl and his roommate Tyler and Lakisha came over here tonight to visit! They were going to go to see the movies tonight and they knew I did not feel well. They had been going to the mall and to the flea market of earlier, for Lakisha's uncle stayed with her Mamma so that Lakisha had the time to spend with the friends.

They divided the cost of these between of themselves and came to give to me of these before to go to the movies.

This photo is not of good quality. The top one is a card they gave to me of saying to get well. On this lower left is of a nice set of glass cat jewelry of earrings and of a necklace, and on this lower right is of a Vera Bradley little pocket ID wallet. The pattern of this is no longer made, for it was on sale and the pattern is of Lilli Bell. They know I do like of the color of pink.

I have such very nice friends! I am so happy Lakisha is out with them! She needs of this so very much.

With love,
~Cat

How sweet, Cat. I bet you forgot about your sore jaw when you received your lovely gifts.

I really like the necklace and earrings, but I'm a real lover of kitties.

The Vera Bradley wallet is beautiful, too. You are a lucky girl.

How sweet, Cat. I bet you forgot about your sore jaw when you received your lovely gifts.

I really like the necklace and earrings, but I'm a real lover of kitties.

The Vera Bradley wallet is beautiful, too. You are a lucky girl.

I nearly did, Katie. I am very overwhelmed of this.

Do Americans give of gifts when one feels badly? Should I do of this of when someone is hurt or ill? I do like very much of this idea. I shall do this for the friends if they are hurt or ill.

Is this of an American custom?

When DA had of a stomach flu I gave her of a card and flowers.

With love,
~Cat

That's so sweet of your friends, Cat!

No, you aren't expected to give gifts when someone is sick, often a handwritten note or a card is nice, but not necessary.

Last edited:
I feel very miserable tonight. But when I look of these such nice gifts, these make of me to think and smile very much of inside!

I shall begin of my own custom. When my friends or my family become of ill, I shall bring of them a gift. It is of Taxlady said, to give of flowers and fruit and of magazines, and of Dawgluver of a handwritten note or a card.

Thank you all so very much! You have made me to think of others and not of myself in this.

With love,
~Cat

It was very sweet of your friends to give you those nice gifts. Since you like to cook, if a friend is sick, it's nice to bring them a gift of homemade soup. People who are sick often don't feel like cooking and traditional chicken-noodle soup is nourishing and easy to digest.

Oh I did of this when Gwen became ill with the flu! So, I was correct of this, yes?

I shall do this also for people. Thank you!

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom