Grub's up 9/11/13 (11/9/13)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
Up bright and early thinking of food , but first , look at today's date , it's interesting ! Apparently the next time it will happen will be 01/03/05. It's also my birthday which makes it interesting to me and I am easily pleased ;)

Food wise, went out for super slap up meal last night and cooking at homeI today . Planning a Sichuan pepper beef stir fry . Also pottering in kitchen making cinnamon star biscuits .

What grub is up where you are ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes I understand that . Except to us in the UK this means November . It's the 9 11 and 13 running together that is unusual apparently .

I'm thinking of making cumin beef with broccoli, Chinese cucumber salad, and brown rice. I'll be experimenting with using ground beef, 'cause I have some that is thawed and I don't feel like velveting the the beef. The cucumber salad is a new recipe.

I'll try to get the energy to bake an apple pie, so we know for sure there is something that we'll like. :ermm:

I made ribollita yesterday - an Italian mostly veggie soup with cannellini beans and homegrown rainbow chard. So we'll have that tonight. I may make some pasta or something to go with it.

We've had a lot of rain lately so the chard got huge!

ForumRunner_20131109_103123.jpg

Glenn's off helping his son with construction work and moving equipment so he'll be tired and hungry when he gets home.

In a little while I'm going to put some Polish sausage, sauerkraut and potatoes in the crock-pot and let them get "happy" together. I'll make a skillet of cornbread to sop up the juices. We'll drink some iced tea and have some more of the apple pie I made earlier this week. Comfort food all the way 'round.

My daughter is fascinated by numbers. I remember several years ago she came running into our bedroom at an obnoxiously early hour to announce that it was 05:05:05 on 05/05/05. Apparently she had set her alarm so she could witness the event.

I said, "That's very nice, honey. But I don't have to get up for at least another hour and neither do you, so let's all go back to bed." :)

Anyway.... dinner. I have cabbage, so I am thinking maybe cabbage rolls tonight.

Oh, and happiest of birthdays, GQ.

We're getting rid of leftovers. Have the chili in the crock pot for lunch and will reheat the spaghetti for supper. Hope to spend the day cleaning and getting ready for the wedding next Saturday!

We're getting rid of leftovers. Have the chili in the crock pot for lunch and will reheat the spaghetti for supper. Hope to spend the day cleaning and getting ready for the wedding next Saturday!

Wow, it's getting down to the wire! Where will it be held? Congrats to the MIL-to-be! ;)

No idea, there are several tasks at hand to do before I head out of town on Monday. Have to make sure I get them all done.

Freezer inspection in a bit then maybe I can decide. I have a weeks worth of cooking to get done in two days or Shrek might starve!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom