Victuals on Veteran's Day/Rations on Rememberence Day 11/11/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebunny

Executive Chef
Unbelievably, I could not find a dinner thread, so I will start and I guess if there is one hiding, a mod will make an adjustment.

I wanted to make cabbage rolls, But my very large cabbage had already been cut into, so it's going to be turned in to deconstructed cabbage rolls. Trying to think of something to go with this, maybe we don't need much, we have lemon brownies for dessert!
So what are you eating today?

We had coupons for 35 cent tacos from a local joint, so a few of those.

Oh I posted to the wrong place! We are having pizza. Tonight we are studying together again in my lair.

With love,
~Cat

I didn't feel much like cooking. I made hot chicken sandwiches. I guess I was right about not cooking. I burnt the roux and had to do it over. It was pretty good. We had Polish beet salad with that, and white wine.

I made a hamburger casserole with mushroom soup, some soy sauce and green beans topped with tater tots and cheese. Served glazed carrots on the side.

French Dip with Swiss and fries. I think tomorrow night we will stray further afield for our dinner. There is a steak house across the street.

I was inspired by the recent thread about Cream of Broccoli Soup, and it's been a long time since I made it. I've never really used a recipe but it turned out great with the addition of crisp fried bacon. Everything goes better with bacon...:pig: Instead of using a roux, I used instant potato flakes to thicken it, and I had another chance to use my stick blender in the pot. Love that gadget!

I was inspired by the recent thread about Cream of Broccoli Soup, and it's been a long time since I made it. I've never really used a recipe but it turned out great with the addition of crisp fried bacon. Everything goes better with bacon...:pig: Instead of using a roux, I used instant potato flakes to thicken it, and I had another chance to use my stick blender in the pot. Love that gadget!

I've made mine the same way, Kayelle, including the instant potato flakes. Turns out great, and I love my boat motor too!

We've been alternating local restaurant fare (Sunday's shrimp po'boy and fried grouper) with free food via credit cashback bonus restaurant gift cards (Saturday was steaks at Texas Roadhouse). Today we had the best of both - free seafood! We ate at Bahama Breeze (back home we're 70 miles away from the nearest one - fuggetaboutit); Himself had seafood paella and I had Key West shrimp with cheesy grits and haricot vert. We each brought about half "home" since we had apps (chicken empanadas and conch fritters) and drinks before dinner. A food foto. Sorry for the lighting but all they had was one small spotlight above the center of the table.

Attachments

• 2013-11-11 21.01.17.jpg
    2013-11-11 21.01.17.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom