Turkey Thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
They sell turkey necks, breasts, and drumsticks. I've never seen turkey thighs. Does anyone have an idea why?

I see them in my regular groshree store all the time, but they charge an arm and a leg for them, pun intended!

They also sell what they call a turkey pot roast in the deli section, right next to the rotisserie chickens, and it is a bone-in roasted turkey thigh. I bought one on sale once, and next time they're on sale I will buy one again. They are delicious.

Drat! I guess I'll keep hunting. Until then I love the huge pieces of turkey necks and they are reasonable, taste great and make a super good broth.

I buy them all the time. Publix stores in my area have all the parts. Most other grocery stores have necks, wings, legs and thighs.

I saw a show about turkeys and they discussed other uses other than Thanksgiving.
Smoked turkey parts are a huge industry and the fresh parts are too.
Turkey parts out sell whole turkeys in the US.

I plan to try smoked turkey wings in place of ham hocks next time I make beans. I hear they are an excellent healthier substitution. (white beans) Great Northern are the ones I love.

I plan to try smoked turkey wings in place of ham hocks next time I make beans. I hear they are an excellent healthier substitution. (white beans) Great Northern are the ones I love.

Smoked turkey also makes outstanding soup. I spelunked some from the freezer yesterday for lunch, DH practically licked the bowl.

I buy them all the time. Publix stores in my area have all the parts. Most other grocery stores have necks, wings, legs and thighs.

I saw a show about turkeys and they discussed other uses other than Thanksgiving.
Smoked turkey parts are a huge industry and the fresh parts are too.
Turkey parts out sell whole turkeys in the US.

For years now folks have discovered that turkeys are not just for the holidays. A roasted turkey breast is perfect for a Sunday dinner. And legs make a great nibble snack. along with the basis for a great soup on a cold winter's day. Pop a couple of legs into the oven and have sandwich meat for a week. Yes, I can believe that parts outsell the whole bird. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom