New rice cooker with "3 dimensional heating"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I just bought a rice cooker that has "3 dimensional heating", meaning that there isa heating element in the bottom, one in the side that wraps around the space where the rice pan fits and also one in the lid as well. There is a recipe book that came with it, but, as usual, it is all in Chinese :(

Any ideas for some really nifty things I can cook in my rice cooker with "3 dimensional heating", besides rice? It also has a 24 hour timer.

I do not have a rice cooker at present, but I have been researching it for a review on my blog, and an eventual purchase. I have been surprised to know that you can cook almost anything, even cakes. I have come across some general recipes, that show you just how easy some things can be cooked in it. here is the link to check it out

COOKING ANYTHING IN A RICE COOKER

I will be trying them out when I buy my rice cooker and will keep you posted.
:chef:

I wasn't aware there was an issue with traditional rice cookers not cooking rice properly. What is the benefit of a 3-D rice cooker?

AndyM --- I think the reason is, as OP said:

"3 dimensional heating", meaning that there is a heating element in the bottom, one in the side that wraps around the space where the rice pan fits and also one in the lid as well"

I don't know if that's what the OP will answer when s/he comes back to this thread.

Cave, I'm well aware of what it is. I was asking why it is. All I ever hear about rice cookers is that they make perfectly cooked rice simply and easily. so why does one need 3d cooking?

Cave, I'm well aware of what it is. I was asking why it is. All I ever hear about rice cookers is that they make perfectly cooked rice simply and easily. so why does one need 3d cooking?

O.K.---- in keeping with the policy here at DC (being one big nice family) I just thought I might be able to help you. Sorry that I couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom