Wife of Musician and Retiree! Newbie here "HI!"....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JavaMemah and TheSenator

Assistant Cook
Well, to start with I'm a city/country transplant, the daughter of an avid hunter, and from a totally Italian family, with Italian Polish relatives so my menus were mostly European, but I also make what is popular (Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, stir fry, soups stews, ribs :pig:, wings, fowl and game) i have tasted some of the usual strange foods (chcolate covered ants, frog,canadian geese, squirrel, bear, chuck, possum....) and attempted to make them at one time or another (my poor Guinna pig husband). I am the wife of a Norwegian , So my meal planning knowledge grew (ADD to add fish and seafood), to please my main man :king:, so I can't tell you how many cookbooks I had gone through ... ha ha ha ( 36 years of cooking experiments.) ..... Hubby is now Retired from day job, and IS ALSO a working musician :whistling, and even though our kids are grown with kids of their own, that makes no difference in the amount of food I have to cook daily. BIG BATCHES has always been the norm around here. Kids, kids friends, hubby, hubby's friends, family, MUSICIANS:punk: .....ALL of the above pop in all day long, all hours of day and night, and yeah, wee hours of the morning.
So when I make a pot of chili, i make A BIG POT OF CHILI (musicians are always big eaters .. ha ha ha). Along with it I bake my own bread, serve elbow mac, rice and corn bread (baked goods which i continue to bake fresh in small batches all throughout the day to keep it warm all day for everyone).
When hubby comes in from a gig at 4:30 am, i have a nice hot meal waiting for him, for when he is done unloading his music equipment. If I am attending a gig with him, the crock pot is loaded before we leave.
Our son's are musicians also:punk: , so company at 3am is not unheard of.
On rehearsal days/nights, members are always greeted with hot meals, hot or healthy snacks and beverages. (time of day dictates what is served up), but there is almost ALWAYS a "hot pot of something" simmering on the back burner ready to be attacked by the famished.
Do we really want to mention holidays ? Takes me three days of prepping to get ready for the MAIN Meal Day ! but it is always fresh, hardy and plenty of.
And GAME DAYS (football, baseball...etc) Oh My gosh.... you wouldn't believe how fast the wings fly outta here !
I love to cook, (baking is not my strong point), and I am a MASTER at prepping and loading a crock pot without anyone hardly even noticing, in 10 minutes flat for any of my soups, stews, pot roasts, or even Polynesian (yeah, that too).
I'm italian and can put together family Italian favorites in just minutes flat, and even though I've taught all my kids (and their spouses) how to make my signature dishes, for some strange reason they just keep showing up at my door just as the dinner timer goes off.
I'm looking forward to seeing some new recipes here cause I WANT a change from the usual. We plan on moving into motor home soon, so I need some fresh ideas. And hopefully will be able to cook in small batches ... ha ha ha UNLESS the crowd follows ! ha ha ha

This is my FIRST Foodie Forum. And the food sure looks and sounds good and yummy here !

Now you all know more than ya care to know about me, so,
hope ya don't mind while I head off to explore and peek into some of your kitchens.
:chef:

Welcome to DC. So much fun here. Lots of recipes. Take your pick. And so many variations of every food. Recipes from around the world. Recipes close to home. Everyone is welcomed with open hearts and drooling mouths. Any questions? Just ask. Someone will show up with an answer. No matter the time. Since we have members from around the globe, there is always someone who is not sleeping. :angel:

Welcome to DC!

Whoa! I'm exhausted just reading your post! We have a number of musicians, both current and former here.

Hello! Welcome to the best website on the Internet!

I thought my life was busy. I need a nap now after reading that hello post!

With love,
~Cat

Welcome to DC, I am also the wife of a retiree and musician. Luckily, I don't have hordes on musicians ringing the doorbell.

Welcome to DC, I am also the wife of a retiree and musician. Luckily, I don't have hordes on musicians ringing the doorbell.

PrincessF, OH HOW I LIVE to see the day ! ha ha ha What I would GIVE to just once, make just enough mac n cheese for only 1 or 2 ppl ! Then go to bed at 8pm and sleep till 9 am next day with NO PHONE CALLS or visitors in between !!!ha ha ha
How'd you get to be so lucky ?!!! ha ha ha

Last edited:
PrincessF, OH HOW I LIVE to see the day ! ha ha ha What I would GIVE to just once, make just enough mac n cheese for only 1 or 2 ppl ! Then go to bed at 8pm and sleep till 9 am next day with NO PHONE CALLS or visitors in between !!!ha ha ha
How'd you get to be so lucky ?!!! ha ha ha

Mine gave up gigging before I met him...can't seem to stop him from buying guitars, though...:rolleyes: I have to force him out of the house to go play with his friends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom