Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Thankful this year? Post it here.. (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/thankful-this-year-post-it-here-88022.html)

Kayelle 11-27-2013 08:40 PM

Thankful this year? Post it here..

Most of us are fortunate to have uncountable blessings to be thankful for, but what sets this year apart for you?

This is the place to share..

For me..

I have a new grand daughter from my younger second son, born just 4 days ago. This is his first child and he's 41 yrs. so this is a very big deal for all of us. The baby wasn't expected for two months and weighs only 3 lbs but is doing well and breathing on her own thanks to two shots to her mom a week ago, for lung development, knowing she would have an early birth. What a medical advancement for preemie babies, unknown 20 years ago.
Cheyenne Marie (I love her name) is my first grandchild in 20 years, and is welcomed with such open arms. We are an ever so thankful family.

Your turn.....

mmyap 11-27-2013 09:22 PM

Congratulaltions, Kayelle! That is an exciting blessing, indeed! Many, many hugs and happy thoughts to you and your family.

I am grateful for a healthy, happy household. My kids are well and doing good things with their lives via work and college. My dogs and cat are nuts and completely out of control (as it should be.) We found a lump on the black lab which we had concerns about but it turns out to just be fatty mass, much like the lab herself. (Someone is due for a food cutback.)

We have good jobs, a roof over our heads and an embarrassment of riches in the larder and frig. Life is good. Giving thanks. Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Dawgluver 11-27-2013 09:27 PM

Aww, congrats, Grandma Kayelle and Grandpa DH of Kayelle! What a wonderful little Thanksgiving present!

Baby Bro was 40 when he and his wife had their first baby. Even at 7 lbs, she was born early and considered a preemie, and kept ripping off her c-pap thingy.

taxlady 11-27-2013 09:30 PM

Congratulations Kayelle.

PrincessFiona60 11-27-2013 11:01 PM

Congratulations Gramma Kayelle and Grampa Steve!

I am thankful that I haven't had any emergencies happen with Shrek.

Shrek and I are also thankful that the malignant mass that was found in my abdomen on November 5th, was found to be isolated and surgery only will take care of it. No Chemo! I still don't know when I am going for surgery but it should be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the support, you know who you are.

Dawgluver 11-27-2013 11:18 PM

Oh, PF! Thankful for no chemo for you! Get that stupid tumor out!

{{{{PF}}}}}

MammaCat 11-27-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1322658)
Congratulations Gramma Kayelle and Grampa Steve!

I am thankful that I haven't had any emergencies happen with Shrek.

Shrek and I are also thankful that the malignant mass that was found in my abdomen on November 5th, was found to be isolated and surgery only will take care of it. No Chemo! I still don't know when I am going for surgery but it should be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the support, you know who you are.

We're keeping you very close to us in prayer. God bless you.

MammaCat and Cat

Katie H 11-27-2013 11:32 PM

I am thankful for a most loving husband who loves me unconditionally and who is so sweet and caring.

I feel blessed so much because I had Buck for so long that I think he sent Glenn to me.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

PrincessFiona60 11-27-2013 11:42 PM

Thank you Dawg, MammaCat and Cat.

CatPat 11-27-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie H (Post 1322665)
I am thankful for a most loving husband who loves me unconditionally and who is so sweet and caring.

I feel blessed so much because I had Buck for so long that I think he sent Glenn to me.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I must say this:

Buck loved you so very much, you see. He did not wish for you to be alone in your life.
Glenn is so very nice and you are of such closeness with him.

If I ever marry, I will make sure I have that special closeness with him before I marry. If not, I'll remember this and I'll wait for someone else.

It is Thanksgiving, Katie. I am thankful for Buck and Glenn for you.

With love,
~Cat