What's Lucky to Be On Your Table for Dec Friday 13th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Since I am hoping to bake today, I don't want to overdo it with a big dinner. I've taken some broccoli soup out of the freezer and we will have grilled bacon and cheese sandwiches and salad.

What are you cooking up?

I'm going out for Thai, but I'll leave some chili for the girls to have before they run off to work and dance etc. Ken is out for dinner with work.

I took some leftover beef roast/veggies out of the freezer yesterday. That might be dinner. Or maybe BLT's...

Rocket, my sister lived in White Rock for about 30 years. We are just 10 minutes away from the beach - yes, it is beautiful. :)

I'm thinking some kind of easy to make hearty soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm off to explore DC's soup recipes.

Actually I am planning a trip to your area of the world in the Spring. I want to do some poking around for geneology information of my Dad's family who came to Boston from England and settled in Quincy. :)

Keep me posted when you're coming, Laurie.

Homemade vegetable soup (from the freezer) and LOTS of really really garlicky garlic bread with it.

(I always add about a T. of white vinegar to a pot full of vegetable soup. I don't know why :rolleyes: probably because a long deceased aunt dd it and I loved her veggie soup. Of course her veggie soup used only veggies that were grown on the farm.)

DH and I both had work potlucks, so not terribly hungry right now. There's leftover chicken chili and about 6 meatballs in sauce for when we want it.

Mine was carrot and coriander soup followed by anti pasto meats (a couple of types of salami and some prosciutto with beetroot (I l-u-rve plain cooked beetroot!). All accompanied by a small baguette and butter. I finished up with a chunk of Madeira cake (a bit like pound cake but made with butter)

Broiled cod fillet in garlic butter, packaged yellow rice, (Vigo)! and some steamed green beans. We ate fairly healthy tonight for a change.

I did pick up some ice cream today though.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom