Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   10 things Canadians do best (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/10-things-canadians-do-best-88256.html)

vitauta 12-16-2013 10:20 AM

10 things Canadians do best

10 things Canada does better than anywhere else - CNN.com

attention, all our dc canucks: what do you like, dislike on this list? any additiions, subtractions, comments from our canadian ranks?

cool, right? i heartily agree with #5! i don't know where it comes from, but in this category you canadians totally rock!..:smile:

Alix 12-16-2013 11:09 AM

You missed some important ones.

Beer
Poutine
Peacekeeping
Hockey
Medical R&D
Beer

Its an interesting list. Interesting to ME because it shows what Non Canadians think we are good at. Oh, and I agree with most of them except for road food. Its OK, but not exceptional.

vitauta 12-16-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix (Post 1327428)
You missed some important ones.

Beer
Poutine
Peacekeeping
Hockey
Medical R&D
Beer

Its an interesting list. Interesting to ME because it shows what Non Canadians think we are good at. Oh, and I agree with most of them except for road food. Its OK, but not exceptional.

yes, the beer--drinking or brewing? i knew i saw hockey. it was a pic at the beginning. doesn't #8 resemble you in an earlier profile pic, shades an' all?

LPBeier 12-16-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitauta (Post 1327431)
yes, the beer--drinking or brewing? i knew i saw hockey. it was a pic at the beginning. doesn't #8 resemble you in an earlier profile pic, shades an' all?

Drinking AND brewing, Vit (we have to brew so we can drink more!)

Also:
Terry Fox
probably the most joked about country in American TV and Movies
Alex Trebek
The Canadarm used in the space program

I think that's got it, eh?

LPBeier 12-16-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix (Post 1327428)

I agree with you on both points, Alix.

Roll_Bones 12-16-2013 12:46 PM

Canadians have universal healthcare. Now that is saying something.

Alix 12-16-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitauta (Post 1327431)

Which #8? I don't see any pix for #8. Phooey. And there is a hockey picture, but the list ignores our hockey prowess. ;)

LPBeier 12-16-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll_Bones (Post 1327456)
Canadians have universal healthcare. Now that is saying something.

It is not as "universal" as you would think. We do pay a monthly premium and it only covers basic healthcare. When you are working full time for a larger company you can get benefits for dental, extended health and prescriptions but many businesses are getting around giving benefits.

Of course this is in my province. Each one is different. :wink:

LPBeier 12-16-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix (Post 1327460)
Which #8? I don't see any pix for #8. Phooey. And there is a hockey picture, but the list ignores our hockey prowess. ;)

The one with the maple leaf glasses!

Alix 12-16-2013 01:05 PM

I think my AdBlocker has removed that picture. Can you screenshot it for me LP?