Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NamelessAria

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this whole cooking thing and so I always have so many questions about, well, everything. I stumbled across this forum during a Google search for some recipe help and thought I would join.

A little bit about me: I'm 26 and a newly wed (we got married this year the day before Thanksgiving). I'm a "homemaker" so I'm home all day everyday and decided to take up cooking as a fun hobby (and also a way to avoid anymore tv dinners!) but I've never really cooked anything other than a scrambled egg, toast or something equally simple until just recently.

Ahhh I'm not really sure what all to say about myself!

good morning & welcome from a clear,dry & frosty manchester uk,nameless!.you've come to the right place,ask away,lots of peeps on here more than happy to help & share their knowledge.don't be shy,dive right in!!

Newly married and a homemaker! I thought that was extinct?
Congratulations on your marriage.

Some women think a way to a mans heart is his stomach. My wife could not boil water when we got married. So that was proof. The ability to cook has nothing to do with a happy marriage.
But, now that you are interested and want to learn, you will be a better wife and mother if you so choose to be one.

Start with easy dishes that take little time and require only easily found ingredients.
Being a good cook has little to do with recipes.
Its all about technique. Once you know your kitchen and your tools, you are on the way to success.

Learn about your tools before you use them. Ask the forum when you are not sure.

Now, go and make me a Bechamel (basic white) sauce. Learn how to make this simple sauce. Then we can tell you how to make many more dishes using it.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to DC :)

What Dawg said! When I got married at 21, I knew very little about cooking. A few cookbooks, a few classes, this forum, et voilà! I'm a better cook! And so will you be. It just takes practice, like anything else. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom