I made Nigella Lawson's chocolate fruitcake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
This is my Christmas cake, Nigella's chocolate fruit cake with a very simple decoration of edible gold glitter . It's gluten free as I used gf flour .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Interesting recipe. It would take me longer to prepare the pan with grease, two layers of parchment, scissors, brown wrapping paper and twine than to actually make the cake.

Lawks chaps I do everything the easy way, am a kitchen slut . I buy the flour , it's a gluten free mix by Doves Farm , sometimes I add xanthan gum which can add a bit of stability, I add it when making pastry .

As for the rest of this , the whole thing was a storecupboard job, so a mix of dried fruit went in , prunes, dates, cranberries, raisins and cherries . Then it just got bunged in a nice non stick tin and that was it . I can't be fagged with parchment and the like I just took my chances and it was fine .

Interesting recipe. It would take me longer to prepare the pan with grease, two layers of parchment, scissors, brown wrapping paper and twine than to actually make the cake.

:LOL::LOL: I hear ya Andy! The cost of the preparations of the pan are almost as costly as the cake, and then the cost of preparing the pan in labor. I need to buy a really non-stick bunt pan. I hate greasing and flouring that thing! Too much work. :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom