Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cookies (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f43/)
-   -   What Christmas cookies did you make this year? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f43/what-christmas-cookies-did-you-make-this-year-88360.html)

4meandthem 12-22-2013 04:12 PM

What Christmas cookies did you make this year?

DW made Mexican wedding cookies and lemon cake mix cookies this year. What did you all make or what is your favorite?

Andy M. 12-22-2013 04:27 PM

SO and I made the following:

Anise
Eggnog
Pecan balls
Oatmeal raisin
Chocolate Chip
Armenian sugar cookies (gurabia)

jabbur 12-22-2013 04:29 PM

No cookies here this year. I got a nasty cold last week when I should have been baking and the cough is lingering sapping the energy. I'll make a couple batches of Chex Mix and call it good. We'll get enough when we go to family's homes I don't think anyone will miss them.

Whiskadoodle 12-22-2013 04:44 PM

Krumkake with cardamom spice
Jam thumbprints
Molasses cookies with Hershey kisses
Cranberry orange quickbreads
--
Lefse making tomorrow. Not a cookie, a Scandinavian treat

MrsLMB 12-22-2013 06:47 PM

This year we passed on cookies but made candy instead

Caramels, Turtles, Rocky Road Fudge, Eggnog Fudge, Chocolate Covered Cherries and gobs of carmel corn.

Katie H 12-22-2013 07:00 PM

Been kinda busy making Christmas goodies. So far...

Chocolate-peppermint pizzelles, Mexican wedding cakes (melt-in-your-mouth butter cookie with cashews), oatmeal-dried cranberry cookies, iced and decorated cut-out cookies, coconut chewies, two-tone truffles, mice cookies, pecan tassies (like mini pecan pies), potato chip cookies and...I'm still at it. Havin' a ball and every time I look in my recipe file I see something else I want to bake. I really NEED to make some fudge, too.:rolleyes: Wanted to make some bourbon balls but it's not cold enough to do that yet. Maybe for the New Year.

bethzaring 12-22-2013 08:12 PM

The last many years I have only made two Christmas cookies; Mexican Wedding cakes and chocolate almond cookies. This year I only made the chocolate almond cookies.

PrincessFiona60 12-22-2013 08:19 PM

No cookies and I forgot to make the Chex Mix!!! Dang!

bakechef 12-22-2013 08:28 PM

I'm a little more in the spirit this year, at least more than last year.

I've done
-chewy ginger cookies with candied ginger
-butter spritz with the bottoms coated in chocolate and dipped in red and green jimmies (sprinkles)
-salty sweet butter pecan cookies
-snickerdoodles
-chocolate chip

I really wanted to do more "Christmassy" varieties but time isn't on my side with mom here and working retail, so the ones I've done have been mostly simple.

I've also made dark chocolate truffles and 4 batches of butter toffee.

I really like to make cookies as close to giving them away as possible, I don't freeze baked cookies. My butter spritz are really good for a solid week or more, but the softer varieties are given away fresh. So the strategy is make the butter cookies and candy ahead and make one variety just before delivering.

Addie 12-24-2013 05:12 AM

I wanted to make the QO oatmeal cookies for my daughter. But making the cake and cheesecake really took a lot out of me. Then having to clean up constantly. Maybe today. I need to take a shower and set my hair. I'll see how I feel after that. :angel: