How did you come by your user name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Spike recently asked me how did I come up with the name 'Addie.' He didn't ever remember anyone calling me that while he was growing up.

I was reading one of those hard cover Reader's Digest books and the main character in it was named Adelaide. But everyone in the story called her Addie. Perfect! I never had a nick name as a kid. So I decided that if anyone ever asked me what I was called as a child, I would use Addie.

I belonged to the old Food Network Food forum. My name there was akr. A hard name to pronounce. Someone asked me what they could call me besides akr. I immediately typed Addie. One of the other ladies thanked me for sharing that name. She had just recently lost her mother and her name was Addie also. We became very good friends.

The akr is the first three letters of my email address. I had to have a professional sounding email as I often received my assignments via email from my agency. Poo came up with my email address. So Addie I became and remain. :angel:

I said something smart-alecky to my best friend and she called me an Ogre, it grew from there and Shrek was roped into the farce, just because.:rolleyes:

Andy M.

My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.) from the Wizard of Oz.

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg...

...just like I'm pulling yours right now.

My name is Catina. It's a derivative of my mother's name, Ecatarina. I've always been called just Cat.

And a few other, less complimentary names from time to time, depending upon the offense.

With love,
~Cat

My name is who I AM. But I've been many different people. When I was a model in the late '70s and '80s, I was known as K.T. Now, I'm known as "Sweetheart" by my husband and "Grandma" by my grandchildren. Other names include "Mom," "Honey," ....

Most of the time I answer to any and all.

My name is who I AM. But I've been many different people. When I was a model in the late '70s and '80s, I was known as K.T. Now, I'm known as "Sweetheart" by my husband and "Grandma" by my grandchildren. Other names include "Mom," "Honey," ....

Most of the time I answer to any and all.

It's true, that's how she shows up on Caller ID...she's lucky I can read (and comprehend) fast!

I'm taxlady on lots of sites. I do income taxes, so that's how I came up with it. I've been on the internet long enough that I have grabbed that user name before other people a lot of places. There are lots of taxlady123, etc. out there. If I sign up somewhere that already has a taxlady, I go by TaxDragon.

It came out of the air. Association of ideas. Real name is Henrietta (aka Henri)

On another site I took the name of a character in a comedy radio programme from before I was born. My father's joke.

And my father was responsible, indirectly, for another forum name elsewhere. He was very keen on fish and aquariums and used to call me after a water beetle because of my second Christian name which began with the same 2 letters

This topic comes up every once in awhile.

My name is Laurie Patricia and my married name is Beier. I have been called LP most of my life because my best friend in the early years was Lori Patricia and it was hard on our Moms and other friends. Mine became LP and she was just Lori. I now go by Laurie or LP, but think of myself more as LP because I have known it most of my life.

So hopefully that all makes up for the fact I have a really boring username and no funny story like Andy M. ;)

This topic comes up every once in awhile.

My name is Laurie Patricia and my married name is Beier. I have been called LP most of my life because my best friend in the early years was Lori Patricia and it was hard on our Moms and other friends. Mine became LP and she was just Lori. I now go by Laurie or LP, but think of myself more as LP because I have known it most of my life.

So hopefully that all makes up for the fact I have a really boring username and no funny story like Andy M. ;)

You think yours is boring. Look at mine.

Regards, Carl

I have been using Somebunny for hmmmm, maybe 15 years. When we first got a home computer I was trying to familiarize myself with the Internet ( I had been using computers in my work, but not the Internet) I thought I would try out my internet providers user forum/chat, I didn't want to use my own name for a username so I thought "heck I will just be anybody.....alas it was already taken, oh well I will be nobody, uh that was also taken, I guess I wasn't as clever as I thought I was. Well then how about somebody? Geeze already in use, well cripes, how about Somebunny??? Success! It took what felt like hours but finally I was in. I've been Somebunny or Bunny for short ever since, I use it everywhere. Mostly because I am too lazy to spend time working thru names that are already in use ;)
It's not a clever story like Auntie Em's, but then again it isn't fiction :)

Being from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, everyone has a name like mine. For some strange reason we all seem to have the same middle initial. I even have a couple of cousins that had their own local TV show for a while.

img_1329978_0_70a18d17ab7686b506b2779289872d94.jpg

I've always liked the "Got Milk?" ad campaign, but I use garlic in my cooking much more than I do milk ;) so when I signed up, I combined them. I didn't know whether the forum would allow spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in user names, so I left them out.

It also has a secondary benefit of letting people know you're not a vampire. :)

Mine is taken from the 80's show "Macgyver" because I fix things...and 1968 the year of my birth.

Back
Top Bottom