What are your plans for bringing in 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
We are doing it very quiet.
Ordering take out, either Chinese or surf n turf or pizza n wings
we haven't decided
We will no doubt fall asleep in the recliners before the ball drops but will be awakened by a phone call from the daughter at midnight as she has always done in the past and we will go to bed.

Last edited:
Will be working, don't know what Shrek is going to do aside from having football on. May order in if anyone is open on the 1st.

Like most years, I will be in a good sleep. I found out many years ago that the new year will come in very well without my assistance. And I have a medical appointment of Jan. 2nd. Oh joy! :angel:

Quiet in my corner of the world!

I plan on making a small pizza, cooking some shrimp, kielbasa and other munchies.

Maybe a Manhattan or two.

Then settle down for a long winter's nap! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I haven't made special plans for bringing in 2014 any more than I have for saying goodby to 2013.
Is anything good on TV that night? :LOL:

We have a very friendly neighborhood and a group of friends a few blocks away take turns. We'll be going there, and it's always great fun.

Heading to an old friend's house for a party. We will be doing pot luck and a music jam. I am going to bring duck confit sliders w/ asian slaw. We all went to high school together where we played in a band and then reunited about 25 years later to form another band. Recorded some tunes and played around the area for a few years. Now, we just hang out as friends still...
1978_120599635159_755_n.jpg

theSawchucks_800.jpg

Dungeness crab. Then more Dungeness crab.

Did I say crab?

Although I can gorge on fresh crab with nothing on it---- a favorite way is to put a lemon-y vinaigrette on it, with lots of garlic and chopped parsley.

Then sour dough bread to sop up the dressing. Too bad where I live now I can't buy Boudin sour dough. Have make do with lesser brands.

We usually celebrate with a fire in the fireplace, champagne, and good eats such as shrimp cocktail, marinated herring, and a few other things SO chooses.

it's my birthday on new years day so i'll make my traditional pilgrimage to llandudno(thlanduddknow)for the very best haddock,chips & peas in the world,imo,at fish tram chips,on new years eve:
Fish Tram Chips
then back to manchester to see in the new year/my 61st b'day & parteeeeee as frank gallagher in "shameless" would say.gotta say,his parties do tend to bear more that a passing resemblance to mine:rolleyes:!!

Well now there's some added incentive to stay up past midnight.
Sounds like you've got it all mapped out, Harry.
Happy Birthday in advance.

Well now there's some added incentive to stay up past midnight.
Sounds like you've got it all mapped out, Harry.
Happy Birthday in advance.
thanks pac!things may well change if i find a tempting holiday in the sun,between now & then!!.i also have plans to spend a week or three on some hot,sunny & exotic beach before january is out:cool:!

Since all plans made this holiday have taken odd and sometimes funny turns, I think I will just go with the flow. If something pops up to do, great! If not, fireplace with a fire, good movie, and quiet. Both are good! :)

Considering that both of us are ill, we don't have any firm plans. If we are feeling better in time to travel, we might visit the mummy-in-law. If we feel better on the 31st, we might visit with friends in the neighbourhood. They often have a party and they live walking distance. I refuse to drive with the "amateur drunks", as Mac put it. Weather will be a factor Or we might just stay home with a couple of drinks and snacks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom