What's for dinner this 28th day of December?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a house full of kids, and guests on the way...so I'm making a giant pot of spaghetti....a salad...fresh bread and brownies.

Breakfast, eggs, ham, rye toast and a smear of blackberry jelly.

Christmas 2013 and all of its leftovers are gone or frozen, new food tomorrow! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm trying to figure out what to make. Maybe pasta with an Alfredo sauce. Stirling has been able to eat cheese and drink milk with no problems. Dry toast wasn't a problem, so I hope pasta won't be.

I think it's funny that the guy who lives 2 hours from the whiskey capital of the world, drinks good ole Kentucky whiskey. :LOL:
not my whiskey capital,mac.i'm a fire breathing,rugby playing,englishman slaying welsh dragon you see.best whiskey in the world,imo,is penderyn welsh whiskey
Penderyn Distillery | The home of Welsh Whisky
kentucky straight is very similar to penderyn,in a lot of ways i find:yum:!

Yes, indeed. Done in the oven this time. Too cold to grill.

Hot wings is one of my favorite foods...I made these a while back. Do you do yours breaded or not? I prefer the breaded style.

SprintPhoto_eyflty.jpg

Dinner is being delivered by friends at 5:00 tonight. No idea what it is, but the ones we have been getting have been marvelous - something low-fat for me, and something gluten free for TB. I have arranged meals for others but this is the first time on the receiving end. I feel so honoured.

right you lot,i'll cut straight to the chase:
reverse seared three rib rack of free range gloucester old spot pig,lightly dusted with roasted cornish sea salt,fennel & cumin seeds,twice cooked/crushed albert bartlett rooster spuds with imperator carrots & coriander(cilantro),garlic butter dressed steamed curly kale & award winning geeta's hot mango chutney.washed down with three of my favourite lager's
peroni doppia malto gran riserva,nils oscar god lager & whitstable bay blonde yorkshire lager.ice cold,bien sur.....and that,ladies & gentlemen is what you call rock n' roll:cool:!

Attachments

• RACK OF PIG 004.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 004.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 161
  • RACK OF PIG 006.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 006.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 157
  • RACK OF PIG 007.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 007.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 159
  • RACK OF PIG 008.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 008.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 149
  • RACK OF PIG 001.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 001.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 143
  • RACK OF PIG 003.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 003.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 155
  • RACK OF PIG 005.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 005.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 165
  • RACK OF PIG 009.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 009.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 161
  • RACK OF PIG 010.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 010.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 151
  • RACK OF PIG 012.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 012.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 167
  • RACK OF PIG 013.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 013.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 157
  • RACK OF PIG 011.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 011.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 159
  • RACK OF PIG 015.JPG
    RACK OF PIG 015.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 148
  • RACK OF PIG 002.jpg
    RACK OF PIG 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 170
Nice pig, Harry. I can almost smell it.
cheers pac!thought it was time for a bit of meat after all that fish....i was starting to grow scales & had trouble breathing when i WASN'T in the shower:ermm::LOL:!!gotta say,that crackling really was as good as it looks,mate:yum:!
reverse sear...works every time for crunchy pig skin:yum:!

Holy moly batman that looks good...I'm on my way Harry...set me a place...I'll be there in 14 hours. Don't bother sending me a map to your place...I'll just follow the scent of that insanely good looking bone-in pork roast. :)

...and save me a bottle of that thar "God Lager" I hear the Lord Almighty brews a pretty fine bottle of beer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom