Wire-frame Knife Block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PianoAl

Cook
Ten years ago, in a knife store, I saw a knife block that was like this:

wusthof-classic-knife-block-set-6-piece-in-see-photo~p~4763h_99~1500.3.jpg

But it was just a wire frame. The advantage, especially in our humid (moldy) climate, is that you could put a knife in it when it was still wet, and it would air dry.

It was $50, so I didn't buy it. Now, I'd like to get one, but I've searched high and low with no luck. Anyone seen anything like this?

Like you, I couldn't find anything remotely like that online. It was either a novelty item or it wasn't popular enough to stay on the market. If corrosion and mildew is a concern, you might try one of the many magnetic knife racks. I found one that looked interesting:

Bisbell Knife Rack

Ten years ago, in a knife store, I saw a knife block that was like this:

But it was just a wire frame. The advantage, especially in our humid (moldy) climate, is that you could put a knife in it when it was still wet, and it would air dry.

It was $50, so I didn't buy it. Now, I'd like to get one, but I've searched high and low with no luck. Anyone seen anything like this?
I Googled "wire knife rack" and several came up (there was a lot of stuff that wasn't relevant as well!).

Here's the knife storage solution I just finished:

PHHcf4o.jpg

It works great in that I don't need to dry the knives.

I got the four magnetic strips for about a $1 each (shipped from China). They aren't very strong, but in that configuration, they are strong enough.

Here's the knife storage solution I just finished:

PHHcf4o.jpg

It works great in that I don't need to dry the knives.

I got the four magnetic strips for about a $1 each (shipped from China). They aren't very strong, but in that configuration, they are strong enough.

Why wouldn't you want to dry your knives? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom