Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cookware and Accessories (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Wustof Classic (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f8/wustof-classic-88495.html)

katwill 01-02-2014 11:09 PM

Wustof Classic

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,
Havent been on the forum in some time. Recently purchased a set of Wustof Classic knives after using my brother in law's while visiting during the holidays. All i have to say is WOW, not knowing anything about knives I can say that these things are incredibly sharp and feel right. Made a roast yesterday and boy was it fun carving it.

Andy M. 01-02-2014 11:36 PM

Yes, they are excellent knives.

FrankZ 01-03-2014 01:14 AM

A truly sharp knife is a wonder to use.

BoracayB 01-03-2014 06:03 AM

Every year I would buy 1 for my own Christmas present.
Great knives.

bakechef 01-03-2014 09:18 AM

I have a set that my sister gave me and they are wonderful. I love the balance and how they make cutting and chopping a breeze. Until you've used a good set of knives, you don't always know what you are missing.

jennyema 01-03-2014 09:36 AM

I have mostly Wusthof Grand Prix knives which are basically the same as Classics but with a different handle.

Love em!

Aunt Bea 01-03-2014 10:06 AM

Two questions.

Are all of the knives that come in the various sets the same quality. I get confused by the various offers and am wondering if the only difference is the size and number of knives included.

How do you folks keep these knives sharp at home?

Thanks!

bakechef 01-03-2014 10:31 AM

The set that I have is the classic with the brief case and garnishing tools. I noticed that the smaller tools and maybe one knife was the Gourmet line and not classic, maybe they don't make these in classic. I would definitely make sure the entire set was classic, as the quality difference is noticeable. I made the mistake of buying a Gourmet paring knife at TJ Maxx and it was far inferior to the classic.

dc2123 01-03-2014 10:47 AM

I also have a question. What is the "hollow edge" all about?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the wusthof sharpener.

And what they would recommend stone or sharpener.

RPCookin 01-03-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katwill (Post 1332785)
Hey all,
Havent been on the forum in some time. Recently purchased a set of Wustof Classic knives after using my brother in law's while visiting during the holidays. All i have to say is WOW, not knowing anything about knives I can say that these things are incredibly sharp and feel right. Made a roast yesterday and boy was it fun carving it.

I have 3 of them and yes they are very nice. I have a 10" and 6" chef and a 5" boning knife. I also have 3 Chicago Cutlery knives (8" chef, 4" utility and 3" paring) which are virtually identical to the Wusthof Classic. All of them are a comfortable fit for my hands, and made from quality steel, and those are the primary requirements for a good knife.