Wustof Classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The two knives are just different product lines from Henckels. The 10" may or may not have a full tang. If you're really curious, go to the Henckels website and view the different lines.

Keep in mind that Henckels has two major categories with several styles of knives in each of the two.

Their logo is of either one or two little stick figures. The major product category with two stick figures together is the higher quality and more expensive line. There are several different models of knives in this category.

The major product line with a single stick figure is the "budget" line. There are several different models of knives in this category also.

They both have two (2) stick figures on them. I looked each one up.
The 10" is the 4 star and the 8" is the Professional.
I did not dig any deeper. Thanks

I have the same sharpener. I use it only when my ceramic honing steel (it isn't "steel" but I don't really know what else to call it) no longer gets the job done. I also only use the second and third stages (stage one is very aggressive and can quickly wear out a good knife when used unnecessarily). Unless I have picked up an old knife that needs to have the edge recreated from scratch, I never use the first stage. For my regular kitchen sharpening, I only need a touch up a couple of times a year and the second and third stages are plenty to keep a good knife properly cared for.

I don't use the first stage either, but I did try it on my machete one time.
And like you, two or three times a year as needed.
I like mine.
Family will bring their knives over from time to time for me to sharpen for them.

They both have two (2) stick figures on them. I looked each one up.
The 10" is the 4 star and the 8" is the Professional.
I did not dig any deeper. Thanks...

I have a set of the Professional S. I believe the Four Star is the equivalent quality in a different style. I'm very happy with my Henckels Pro S. I've had them for about 15 years.

I have a set of the Professional S. I believe the Four Star is the equivalent quality in a different style. I'm very happy with my Henckels Pro S. I've had them for about 15 years.

Yes, the 8" is the Pro "S". I started with the Pro S about 20 years ago and got the 10" 4 Star as a gift a year or so later.
Then I bought the fillet knife and a bread knife. All separately.
People wonder why I get upset if I see a knife in the sink. I hold up the knife and ask how much do you think this knife costs?
Then I have them look close to see the tip slightly bent and say, "this is why".
I recovered a knife from my parents drawer when they passed. It looks similar to a chefs knife, but it is not as wide. 31070 - 180, 7" Two sticks also. I need to check on this one.

I currently own 8" chefs, 6" boning, 3 1/2 paring, shears, sharpening tool. The next knife I want to buy is the bread, carving knives & fork.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom