Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Healthy1

Assistant Cook
I joined a few weeks ago. Happy to be here to learn from others. I love to cook and learn new recipes. Hope to make friends.

39817-albums960-picture5796.jpg

Thank you for the welcomes! Gotgarlic I like to eat mostly anything with chicken. My husband is a truck driver I travel with him. We try to find things to take with us, we have been making tamales lately. We are planning on making a variety so we can have different kinds.

It would be great if someone could recommend any ideas we can make in the truck or before we leave home.

Thanks

Thank you for the welcomes! Gotgarlic I like to eat mostly anything with chicken. My husband is a truck driver I travel with him. We try to find things to take with us, we have been making tamales lately. We are planning on making a variety so we can have different kinds.

It would be great if someone could recommend any ideas we can make in the truck or before we leave home.

Thanks
Welcome to DC. We're a very mixed bunch. Mostly American but a few Brits (like me), at least one Australian, South African, some Italians, etc., etc.,

I expect that your truck is fairly sophisticated if it's designed for travelling round the States? Do you have any facilities for heating food or does everything have to be suitable for eating cold?

Last edited:
Welcome to DC. Do you have facilities for keeping your food cold? Do you have a sleeper? Long or short distance? :angel:

Can you plug in an electric skillet? I once made a full meal in one in a hotel room. Cake, baked potatoes, steak. The salad wasn't done in the electric skillet. ;) A lid makes it possible to bake in an electric skillet.

We had a trucker member here who cooked great meals on the road, and posted videos. He was very innovative and had some nice recipes. Haven't seen him for awhile, anyone remember?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom