Eggnog Dutch Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebunny

Executive Chef
Preheat oven to 400F, while making batter heat the skillet (dry) in the oven.

2eggs
1/2 C flour
1/2 C eggnog
2 T. Milk or 1/2 &1/2
Pinch of salt
2T. Melted butter
Powdered sugar(confectioner's sugar)

Beat eggs until light, whisk on the nog and milk. Slowly whisk on the flour and salt until smooth. Stir in 1 T. of the melted. When the skillet is as hot, carefully remove and add the other tablespoon of butter, make sure the bottom and sides of the skillet are covered quickly add the batter and return the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 20 min. The "Dutch Baby" will puff up and get golden brown. Remove from oven, dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh fruit. To make a traditional DB, use mil instead of eggnog and do not use the extra 2T of milk. I actually made these in a 6.5"CI skillet in the toaster oven, worked great but it takes about 15 minutes for each one to bake, so you really have to drag your breakfast/brunch out. The batter made 3 - 6.5" "babies". I ate all three!
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1389478843.254364.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1389478858.718841.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1389478870.468901.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1389478882.818971.jpg

Thank you Aunt Bea, I was impressed with how they puffed up too! I think having the skillet smoking hot might help, or maybe I was just lucky (it was my first time making them).

Back
Top Bottom