Dinner on Ruby Tuesday, Jan 14/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
So folks, what's hitting the table with you folks? Not quite a ruby, but I'm leaving a lovely red sauce (gravy?) for the family to pour over their choice of pasta. There is some leftover tortellini in the fridge and there are all kinds of other choices in the pantry.

We are without house guests for a coupe of nights so SO and I will have burgers cooked on the grill in the rain.

Nothing elaborate. Pulling some home made spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and making spaghetti with garlic bread. I make a huge batch,portion and freeze it. Some might think I'm crazy,but my sauce has ground beef and ground sweet Italian sausage in it.

I pulled a leftover prime rib bone out of the freezer to gnaw on along with a lobster tail I plan on baking. I think I'll do a garlic and olive oil pasta, too.

Looking more and more like breakfast for supper. It's been foggy and rainy all day, bone-chilling even though it's in the 40s, and we need comfort food. I have a small (< 3 pounds) boneless ham that travelled from here to OH and back over Christmas and I have to move it along. I'll cut a slab off to put on my CI grill, brown up potato cubes, and make eggs to order. Himself will have "lookin' at you" and I'll do mine over easy.

I had everything lined up to make a paella for my daughter but she has to stay late at school for drama, soooooo. I will keep the chicken in the fridger for butter chicken tomorrow night. We are going to make mini pizzas on Naan bread. I have some killer Italian sausage we made a while ago, mushrooms, onions, red peppers, black olives, cuttle fish, feta cheese. I will probably make up about 4 different ones 'cus they are only 8 inch rounds...

So folks, what's hitting the table with you folks? Not quite a ruby, but I'm leaving a lovely red sauce (gravy?) for the family to pour over their choice of pasta. There is some leftover tortellini in the fridge and there are all kinds of other choices in the pantry.

Scottish smoked salmon on special in Morrison's last night so smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel with spinach and rocket salad for tonight's dinner

Oh Dear, No Dinner Thread Yet! January 14, 2014

We went out for pub food at McKibbens. Stirling had the fish and chips and I had slow roasted, Provencal herbs chicken, with green beans and some fabulous potatoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom