Wednesday, January 15th - Jeet Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I haven't. But when I do it will be breakfast for dinner. I have two pounds of bacon thawing. There will also be home fries, eggs and waffles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to have fried chicken, so I went on an outing by myself and got fried chicken with coleslaw and Stouffer's Mac and Cheese. I also picked up food to really cook tomorrow.

I had to have fried chicken, so I went on an outing by myself and got fried chicken with coleslaw and Stouffer's Mac and Cheese. I also picked up food to really cook tomorrow.

Good for you!

Make sure to act exhausted, so Shrek doesn't catch on and stop doing the housework! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Left over chicken and the bottom of a bag salad at my house!

Hmmm. Did you walk to the store?

Nope, today was the first day I could drive the car as long as I am not still taking narcotics (I'm not), so I did. I did walk around the store for an hour!:rolleyes:

All of my bags were less than 10 pounds each and I carried them into the house one by one. I am following all the doctors orders.:)

I bought a bag of shredded collard greens at Trader Joe's and my experience with them is practically nill. I'm planning on cooking up some diced panchetta, (also TJ's) and onion with some of my home made chicken stock. If that doesn't sound right, please speak up fast. I guess I need to make cornbread too?

Nope, today was the first day I could drive the car as long as I am not still taking narcotics (I'm not), so I did. I did walk around the store for an hour!:rolleyes:

All of my bags were less than 10 pounds each and I carried them into the house one by one. I am following all the doctors orders.:)

You act like someone who knows what she is doing.

I bought a bag of shredded collard greens at Trader Joe's and my experience with them is practically nill. I'm planning on cooking up some diced panchetta, (also TJ's) and onion with some of my home made chicken stock. If that doesn't sound right, please speak up fast. I guess I need to make cornbread too?

I'm with you so far, I also like to add fresh chopped garlic and red pepper flakes to mine.

I am going to butterfly a pork loin, stuff it with spinach leaves and possibly a little cream cheese, and then tie it back up again and pop in the oven. Will serve it with roast taters, steamed brussel sprouts, a couple of left-over brocolli florets and - probably just for me - a portion of left-over spaghetti from yesterday, tossed in a teensy bit of tomato sauce and generously sprinkled with grated cheddar and parmesan. Yum!

Can you tell I am hungry?

Gonna go a little light tonight because Glenn's got the full-blown plague I had about a week ago. His appetite isn't too vigorous, so we're having grilled salmon, rice pilaf and steamed spinach. He'll have hot tea to soothe his scratchy throat and I'm going to have raspberry iced tea I made yesterday. Homemade orange sherbet for dessert.

Not feeling well this week. Tummy virous.... Felt better today, just not so hungry. So I drank a six pack of "Bud". I feel better now! Good night!

Last edited:
Glad you feel better, S&P!

We may do breakfast for dinner too. DH finished off the broccoli soup left from lunch and he's still hungry.

After much thought (not) I decided to sub out taco Tues on Wed for a one pot Wed meal. In spite of it being around 30, much better than a week ago, I feel like sitting over a plate of steaming comfort food and tacos just don't cut it.

Lollipop lamb rack rubbed with garlic, chopped rosemary, oil and S&P, sautéed spinach with onion, garlic, touch of red pepper flakes, and mashed potatoes made with some of the mascarpone cheese we made from the cream from the raw milk we used to make mozzarella and ricotta over the weekend. I do have pics of the cheeses, just haven't pulled them off the phone yet. For desert, we had brownies made with the rest of the mascarpone with a chocolate ganache on top, DECADENT and one of the best brownies I've ever had! All in all, one of the best meals we've had in a while.

Last edited:
Had lots of leftover odds and ends in the fridge: chicken, half a head of cabbage, some carrots, and mushrooms. I bought a few other things at the store and ended up making a Thai salad. :yum:

Ran around soooo late I bopped into the grocery store to pick up a couple on-sale Freschetta pizzas. Added a bit more cheese, plus some tired mushrooms and grape tomatoes, while the oven heated. Just finished licking my fingers. Not bad for $1 a serving (per box serving size), but not the thing I want to add to the meal rotation. Will have leftover nibbles for the rest of the week.

I am going to butterfly a pork loin, stuff it with spinach leaves and possibly a little cream cheese, and then tie it back up again and pop in the oven. Will serve it with roast taters, steamed brussel sprouts.../QUOTE]
Next time throw those sprouts into the oven too. Cut the big ones in half or thirds, leaving the tiny ones whole. Toss with a bit of olive oil, s&p, and pop into the oven. Roast until tender and the outer leaves are a bit toasted. They're extra good if you sprinkle with shaved parm. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom